• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2 wheel kit

GPApex

Anyone here use the 2 wheel kit to just move your outer wheels inside? How is it? Is it worth the extra $$ performance wise to go to the 8" wheels?

GPApex said:
Anyone here use the 2 wheel kit to just move your outer wheels inside? How is it? Is it worth the extra $$ performance wise to go to the 8" wheels?

What are the pros/cons going just to 2 inner's?

From what i undertand it makes it handle better in the powder. Makes it easyer to sidehill and boondock. All the new sleds that are comming out this year are set up that way. The new Cat HCR for exaple.

I have dropped the 2 outer wheels on my RX. Lays over way easier for carving. Makes it easier getting around in the woods

I run the accesory spoked wheels on a Nextech 2 wheel axle (60.00 us) and I removed the outside rail wheels and YES I ABSOLUTELY feel the difference! Now you can almost get it to spin around on it's tail like smaller sleds.....in perfect snow conditions it will slide a little but not quite spin like lighter smaller sleds. This is GREAT if you know what I'm talking about!
I hope with a 15" track in the right snow and 9" two wheel kit you might could power slide a tight donut on an Apex. I will let you know. This summer I'm going to go with a Powerclaw or 174x15 haven't decided yet but hoping that the narrower track will increase the ease of carving and such. So many things to do and so little time to do them ....LOL.

My 04 rx1 has a 162 out of the 06 apex. 16 wide, with extro's, where in canada should i be looking for the 2 wheel kit? All my buddies with xp's and polaris' have them and they work great. Should i be looking into a 15 wide track as well? the maverick track is junk and i want a new one anyways. Any ideas?

Works great this is what I run.

IMG_0807.JPG
[/img]

Just cut the stock axle down and cut the spacer pipe for 2 or 3 inside wheels.

I run 3 for insurance.

There is no need for spending money on a axle if you have a lathe ore a buddy with one.

cheers.........

powder muncher said:

I run 3 for insurance.

There is no need for spending money on a axle if you have a lathe ore a buddy with one.

cheers.........

THANK YOU!, thats what I was planning to do. I'll get it pulled so my buddy can get to work on it. :)

j_stumpy said:
My 04 rx1 has a 162 out of the 06 apex. 16 wide, with extro's, where in canada should i be looking for the 2 wheel kit? All my buddies with xp's and polaris' have them and they work great. Should i be looking into a 15 wide track as well? the maverick track is junk and i want a new one anyways. Any ideas?

I've bought 2 from APP in Edmonton which do the trick. I just installed a 2.5" camopllast extreme and love it. The 2.5 rubbs though despite what I heard everywhere on various forums. I'm going to try grinding off a fin on the front intercooler. If that doesn't work then I'll have to trim the track.

I think the two wheel kits is the best cheap mod you can do to a Mtn apex.

powder muncher said:

I run 3 for insurance.

cheers.........

thats what I did. Made my own out of stock parts. I run 2 wheels

Back