• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2003 RX1 swaybar

I spoke with Pioneer today and he says the most important is the sway bar and the best thing about his 11mm swaybar is that it is tapered at the ends and will fit the 03 RXi. To update to the Yamaha 04 you need new extensions and bushings.

Jim

Checked with my dealer and he said a guy was selling the 11mm with the tapered ends here in Ontario last year and some of the ends snapped off due to the metal being too brittle. Ordered the 04 update set to 11mm from Yamaha.

Jim

There is actually alot of pressure put on these bars during riding. I snapped mine off after hitting a jump grabbing about 3-4 feet of air at 60+MPH and launching my machine sideways...BTW I almost lost it! :shock: :shock: Anyways, when I came down I landed on my left ski HARD and sheared the end right off the swaybar. Bruce was real good about it and I had a replacement within days. Apparantly, there was some problems with the heat treating process early on but that has ben addressed and all is better now. I rode 1500 miles with the new one and no problems.

PS. You really do not want to try and ride without the swaybar...it's weird...you think everything is fine and then all of a sudden....wham! your ski lifts up for no reason :p :p

Don't know yet, dealer is exchanging the 03 extentions for the 04 and ordering the sway bar. He thinks about $120 Canadian for the bar which is in line with the aftermarket price but does not know on the extentions as the 03 were kind of discounted from Yamaha so the 04 may be more.

Anybody try the 12MM bar with the longer links?
I have the both & am wondering which combo to try along with (maybe) the Pioneer straight rate springs- 10MM bar w/long links or 12MM w/short or long links.

Traildemon I have the 12mm and longer links! The links i had last year just waiting to try it out with the swaybar too. The links made a difference but still did'nt meet my needs so I went with the 12mm because its supposed to keep the front end flatest. Am also considering the straight rate springs but want to see what this setup is like first. If what everyone is saying is true the swaybar gives the most improvement, then the springs, then the links before I blow any more of my hard earned cash I want to see how she rides hopefully real soon :lol:

don't be mad LB just tighten the limit strap a couple threads and it will pull that front end right down See ya HOnk

Mr negitivity, just try it, or can't you try something new? It worked for me, just two threads, thats all. see ya, Honk

I'm getting the feeling that we are all looking for the same thing. From what I've heard that all 3 , links, bar and springs will be the answer. But if you do use the springs then you only need the 11mm bar and the longer links as the 12mm bar will make it too stiff. It would be interesting to hear from someone that has actually done this as most of what's in here is hear say or guessing at best. I am in the midst of contacting THE SPEED SHOP and MAXXIMUM PERFORMANCE personally and will also be talking to a friend of mine whose a Yamaha nut to see what's best. :twisted:

Back