• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2004 Yamaha warrior bogging issues

MattMan85

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2004 Yamaha RX Warrior
Hello everyone, brand new to this site in search of
Help for my 2004 RX warrior.
Sled runs good but but while on the lake I can open it up for about 5 seconds reaching 10,000 rpm then it will bog down to 7,000 rpm. After waiting a few seconds I can get it up to 10,000 again but only for a few seconds then it bogs once again. I feel like it’s getting to much fuel. No issues while ridding the trail just when I use it with full throttle. Any advice would be much appreciated, thanks.

Sled runs good but but while on the lake I can open it up for about 5 seconds reaching 10,000 rpm then it will bog down to 7,000 rpm. After waiting a few seconds I can get it up to 10,000 again but only for a few seconds then it bogs once again. I feel like it’s getting to much fuel. No issues while ridding the trail just when I use it with full throttle. Any advice would be much appreciated, thanks.

Thats really strange.. sounds like a fuel or clutch issue. Cant pull the weight!

as it is an older rx, do you know when the fuel filters where done last? might just be plugged enough to restrict flow on top end.

as it is an older rx, do you know when the fuel filters where done last? might just be plugged enough to restrict flow on top end.
Thanks , I’ll look into that. Any place on the web that shows how to do it ?

there are pics on here somewhere but basically, you pull the filler cap and remove the white sleve from in the fill spout. then i take a coat hanger and bend it up so i can reach in and fish them out the filler hole. i then hold the hose lightly with vise grips and replace the fuel filter. there are 2 in there, so make sure you get them both. only thing to be careful of is to not get them stuck ontop of the fuel gauge arm when putting it back together.

Is sled stock? Stock airbox? Have clutches been cleaned? As mr sled stated possible clutch issue with rpms dropping, take a nice bright light& look at primary clutch arms, rollers, spring, check plastic sliders& spring on secondary clutch, make sure carb boots at air cleaner are fully seated on carbs, do a spark plug color check or replacement, doubt its an overfuel issue, when were carbs last serviced?

Back