• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2005 RS Vector

ShaggyRS

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2005 RS Vector
Hi

I'm picking up a 2005 RS Vector today. I have a 2016 Chevy Colorado with a 6'2" bed so I know the tailgate will be down. My problem is the width of the ski's between the wheel wells. Should I put it in backwards? Anyone loaded one of these sleds in a smaller truck? Thanks!

Hi

I'm picking up a 2005 RS Vector today. I have a 2016 Chevy Colorado with a 6'2" bed so I know the tailgate will be down. My problem is the width of the ski's between the wheel wells. Should I put it in backwards? Anyone loaded one of these sleds in a smaller truck? Thanks!

With stock ski it should be just fine forward.

I only have about 43" between the wheel humps in the bed of my truck. Isn't the width of the Vecotr like 47?

Add 5 inches for the width of the ski. The 42.7" is the center of ski to center of other ski.

I know my viper in the back of my ford ranger I'm over the wheel humps.and don't put it in backwards

Well I got her in there. Took her out of the truck this morning. 7200 miles and dirty. Guy had it in a dirt floor barn. Runs good as far as I can tell. I'm hoping the noise I'm hearing is just clutch noise. Seems like it's coming from the clutch. Going to change all the fluids and start replacing anything needed. This is my first sled. My buddy has 4 Yamahas and infected me with the sickness. More to follow.

Phazer & Vector 3.JPG Here is a picture of my 05, I bought here new in 05 and still ride her every season.

Back