• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2005 RX-1 ER (Mono Shock) Rear Suspension repair/swap

contact barn of parts (site sponsor) as he parts out yamaha sleds and most likely has what you need on his shelf. he also has a monoshock cable elimination kit as a lot of guys are tired of replacing that cable every season or 2.

here is his parts availible thread

ty4stroke.com/threads/f-s-aftermarket-goodies-apex-vector-nytro-phazer-rx-1-sr-viper-updated-3-18-20.123909/page-20#post-1525915

you can contact him as he has a lot of stuff not listed as well.

contact barn of parts (site sponsor) as he parts out yamaha sleds and most likely has what you need on his shelf. he also has a monoshock cable elimination kit as a lot of guys are tired of replacing that cable every season or 2.

here is his parts availible thread

ty4stroke.com/threads/f-s-aftermarket-goodies-apex-vector-nytro-phazer-rx-1-sr-viper-updated-3-18-20.123909/page-20#post-1525915

you can contact him as he has a lot of stuff not listed as well.
Thanks, this will come in Handy as I have 8 Yammi's!! :sled1:

So are all 121" mono skids the same as far as bolting in the tunnel without modification? Can i bolt a newer mono, or mono 2 into the 2005 RX-1 tunnel? I'm thinking if my arms are broken, cable's broken, rails are cracked, etc, maybe just get a newer Apex/Vector mono 2 skid, or just an upgraded 2006-2010 Apex/Attak skid and install with a cable elimination kit. Sorry this has been asked and done before, but this was my first season on a 4 stroke.

Perfect, now i just need to find one. I know Travis has one. Any suggestions on where to get risers and hooks from?

So are all 121" mono skids the same as far as bolting in the tunnel without modification? Can i bolt a newer mono, or mono 2 into the 2005 RX-1 tunnel? I'm thinking if my arms are broken, cable's broken, rails are cracked, etc, maybe just get a newer Apex/Vector mono 2 skid, or just an upgraded 2006-2010 Apex/Attak skid and install with a cable elimination kit. Sorry this has been asked and done before, but this was my first season on a 4 stroke.
Yes all of the 121 mono’s will interchange, I have updated mine to a mono2(136)do not waste your money on the kimpex adjustment knob for your shock( it is supposed to replace your cable) this knob is too long& hits on the front susp arm& breaks it off, already tried it& both times it broke the knob off,you can just manually adjust your shock with a square#1 screwdriver or bit(sometimes reffered to as a Robertson screwdriver,what I did was buy a 2012& up rs vector mono2 shock which has the knob made right on the shock but these are hard to find.I extended to 136& would never go back to 121 but that’s just an opinion, it rides better, looks better& doesn’t affect handling for the way I ride.

Perfect, now i just need to find one. I know Travis has one. Any suggestions on where to get risers and hooks from?
Contact Chris (Superman for a lake effect billet aluminum riser if you want the best IMO, otherwise you can get risers from Dennis Kirk etc, I upgraded to newer apex/ vector hooked handlebars& under hood wiring but it’s not easy or inexpensive to do,you can try a short riser with the stock rx1 handlebars but with the apex seat& my height 6’3 it wasn’t nearly high enough, you can get add on hooks to put on your factory bars but they won’t be heated& some claim they rob heat from your grip heaters

Yes all of the 121 mono’s will interchange, I have updated mine to a mono2(136)do not waste your money on the kimpex adjustment knob for your shock( it is supposed to replace your cable) this knob is too long& hits on the front susp arm& breaks it off, already tried it& both times it broke the knob off,you can just manually adjust your shock with a square#1 screwdriver or bit(sometimes reffered to as a Robertson screwdriver,what I did was buy a 2012& up rs vector mono2 shock which has the knob made right on the shock but these are hard to find.I extended to 136& would never go back to 121 but that’s just an opinion, it rides better, looks better& doesn’t affect handling for the way I ride.
Yes, that is what i need. Except I'll keep this sled a 121". It's studded and corners and accelerates like a rocket. I have a Warrior and Rage which are 136", even though they are still proaction, they smooth out bumps pretty good. What kind of shock do you have on yours? Ohlins? I guess i don't need the hooks and risers, but when i ditch bang, they'd be nice for the old 1 ton! Thanks for the suggestions. Sucks I'll have to wait 8-9 months to try out all the upgrades when they're finished.

:letsnow:

Yes, that is what i need. Except I'll keep this sled a 121". It's studded and corners and accelerates like a rocket. I have a Warrior and Rage which are 136", even though they are still proaction, they smooth out bumps pretty good. What kind of shock do you have on yours? Ohlins? I guess i don't need the hooks and risers, but when i ditch bang, they'd be nice for the old 1 ton! Thanks for the suggestions. Sucks I'll have to wait 8-9 months to try out all the upgrades when they're finished.

no it’s a factory Yamaha shock pic shows new vs old beleive it’s made by soqi

Attachments

• D9789FD3-6E53-4C80-96FB-65CC3AF08D32.jpeg
    D9789FD3-6E53-4C80-96FB-65CC3AF08D32.jpeg
    123.2 KB · Views: 142
Nice looking shock. Looks beefed up compared to original.

Nice looking shock. Looks beefed up compared to original.
Thanks, my sled is heavily modded I don’t have any newer pics but have since changed skis with aggressive snow trackers, added gas& rouski ski wheels it goes better than ever.

Attachments

• 45359C49-3E4F-46A6-B8ED-00A44B344DFE.jpeg
    45359C49-3E4F-46A6-B8ED-00A44B344DFE.jpeg
    145.8 KB · Views: 199
Sweet Looking machine. Love the hooks and risers

I ran a rox pivot riser to get the bars a head a bit to match the seat.
How tall of riser did you get? Yeah, with an Apex seat i would think at least 2" would be necessary.

for most 2" is enough. i went + 4" on my 05 rx war and used the rx1 mtx cables witch worked out fine for my brother when he put the mountain mod apex seat on it.

Back