• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2005 Warrior Exhaust Leak

Homer2002

I noticed an exhaust leak up front. I suspect it is the donut gaskets close to the engine. Do I need to remove the gas tank to access them? Or do I have to remove the track and access them from underneath?

re:exhaust donuts

gas tank and seat will need to be removed.Also exhaust tips and all trim around muffler can as it needs to be unbolted so it can be pulled rearward a little to let the old donuts come out.We had to use some heat to let the 2 locator allan(or torx..couldnt tell they were in bad shape) bolts that are found under rubber plugs that hold the pipes up to the tunnel be removed.We replaced those 2 bolts with regular head bolts to facillitate easier removal in the future.antiseize is handy at reassembly time.just a suggestion...but we have been cutting out about 1/16 of an inch from the limited span on the clamp that tightens the donuts in .This lets the clamp come together a little tighter for a better seal.Hope this was useful

Back