• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2006 apex freshen up

image.jpeg

Managed to score a seat off an 07 rtx to get rid silver stripe and the seat is indeed a lot stiffer with the styrofoam base in it. Next year I'm blacking out the tunnel stiffeners. I put a 2011 apex bar riser on it. Not sure if I'm too keen on then as they are great for when I'm standing but sitting they may be a bit tall for me. The skis get incredible it'd. I'm actually going to switch to a shorter carbide to reduce the steering effort. Lastly for those of you running without a transfer rod, my rear scissor arm extended and collapsed the wrong direction. It happened as I came over a snow bank slowly allowing the front of the skid to collapse all the way, and the rear arm extended and collapsed against the rails. Easy fix, got a crow bar and pry' it back. Probably messed up my powder coating but.... Oh well. I'm going to put the transfer rod back in reluctantly, was wondering if you guys have found any other solutions.

Got the sled back in one piece over the weekend. Got all my new bushings installed, got the skid installed, decided to make a block off plate for the exhaust, hopefully I can avoid an extra 30-40 pounds of ice in my tunnel.
View attachment 113309
And here is the finished product. Just gonna re-adjust the toe in on the skis and she's ready to rock and roll.
View attachment 113310
View attachment 113311 View attachment 113312
My two pride and joys. I'm kinda partial to black, the 06 rides far better, but the 02 is faaaaarr faster.....
where did you get the tunnel reinforcer?

Back