• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2006 ATTAK - Code 15 (TPS)

ATTAKED1

Was riding in 4ft of powder the other night, when all of a sudden the motor coughed and it through codes 15, and 84. Managed to get back to the truck at just over idle (long 8miles)! I have gone into the self-diagonostics and checked D-01 for the angle of the TPS. Im getting 0 on the LSD until 3/4 throttle and then it jumps to 20 at WOT. The service manual show it should be 12-18 with throttle closed and 96-100 at full throttle. I have checked the wiring for shorts/open circuits. With a volt meter I got 0v on the Output and Power wire, and 5v on the ground wire. (Testing done with key on) Is there anything else I should check before buying a new sensor at $200? Has anybody else had to replace the TPS on their Attak/Apex? Sled has 6100miles on it. Thanks in advance. :o|

Just got off the phone with my local Yamaha Tech, he suggested I un-hook my Hauck Fuel Controller. Also he has seen the Fuel box go south and then the Sleds ECU not read the TPS. Also he has NEVER changed/sold a TPS. I guess I will try unhooking the box and go from there!

Its a hurry and wait situation!! Sitting on the couch watching it snow!! 3ft on the ground and snowing like crazy!!! Sitting with the kids waiting for Mama!! Might have to put the ATTAK on hold and take the Apex GT. Though the GT is not so good in the DEEEEP stuff!! I'll keep ya posted!!

3 feet? Where is your location, was not listed in your profile?

Sorry I will update profile. Im in Arlington, VT!! Well I took my Hauck Fuel Box off the sled. Still have the codes flashing (15,84). I check the angle through the self-diag and now it's reading 0 all of the time!! Guess I will be purchasing and new TPS on monday!! Im tempted to take the sensor off from my Apex so I can ride the ATTAK!

Had same problem a couple years ago with my "07 Attak while riding in some powder. TPS seemed to get an open section in it. Replaced under warranty, but I had to pay for the over night shipping to have the part for a planned ride the next day.

I'll have to wait until monday to get the part. Closest dealer with the part is over an hour away. With more snow in the forcast it look like I will be taking a road trip!! I also get to add MORE tools to my arsenal, just noticed the TPS requires a "Safety Torx" for removal!

Did you adjust the TPS per the manual. The mounting is slotted to get it in the right range. I was always curious if there was any performance benefit of adjusting to one end of the adjustment range or the other, but never got an answer from anyone.

Back