• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2006 Attak no power to fuel pump

old iron

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2006 Attak
I got a 06' attak with no power to the fuel pump. Iv'e swapped relays and cleaned the electrical plug at the starter relay to no avail. Battery is new with a full charge. How can I rule out the main ECM?

Thanks

check at the relay for power on the pins as there should be power on 2 pins with ign on, 0ne for relay activation and one to run through to the pump.

Like henseljg2 said, take the tank cover off and make sure mice haven't chewed the wires. Been there.

Installed new starter relay and SSR red relay for the fuel pump and still no power to fuel pump. If I bypass everything and run power direct to the fuel pump it runs. So I know it's not the pump being bad.

Last edited:
Had to give up and take it to the stealer. They threw in a known good ECU and still no power to the fuel pump. They say it's a broken wire and have to replace the whole wire harness. Yikes. Get ready to bend over i guess

I would get the wire diagram and just replace the one wire from the ECM to the fuel relay. Sound like that's the one that is broken
Exactly, bad dealer. If they would follow Yamaha's instructions as per the service manual, they would check continuity on all wires.
Another place to look is the 'finger' connector blocks that are located in multiple places through the harness.

Exactly, bad dealer. If they would follow Yamaha's instructions as per the service manual, they would check continuity on all wires.
Another place to look is the 'finger' connector blocks that are located in multiple places through the harness.

Yup. There are three main grounding blocks located on the clutch side along the harness. you can exposed them and check for corrosion in them. I myself have deleted these by soldering the group of wires together at each ground block.

Yup. There are three main grounding blocks located on the clutch side along the harness. you can exposed them and check for corrosion in them. I myself have deleted these by soldering the group of wires together at each ground block.
Also plenty of those connectors that connect wires of the same color.

Long story short. Stealer calls and says you have a bad wire. I'm like no s#$t! They say that they have to order a new wire harness and it won't be in until the end of March. I said no way and go pick it up. I try and trouble shoot some more and find the that the red \green wire from the fuse to the relay is the culprit! Run a new wire and BAM all is good. Runs like and open sore now :sled2:

It's pathetic that a lot of "mechanics" aren't mechanics anymore. They are parts replacers.

This is the perfect example. Too lazy or incompetent to do their job, so let's just throw parts at it til it runs.

That's exactly why I refused to take mine to the dealer. And decided just to use all the help from all the good guys with tons of knowledge on here..

Back