• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2006 SwitchBlade Keys

edmundsfly

Anyone know if I can pick up the new keys for my 2005 machine? I really LOVE the new concept of those keys (just how they fold open like a pocket knife).

I don't want to go change my ignition switch or anything like that really, just wondering if you know of any places I can get a spare key made that'll give me this style of key?

I HATE :o| the "default" key that they give. I know it's simple and it works, but I like little gadgets :Rockon:

Any help on this is appreciated!

I lost my key on the trail while transporting it last year and had to buy the whole key awitch for it to get a different key. The whole switch and two new keys were 40 dollars. I could not get a new key for my sled from the dealer I bought it from without buying the new switch. Was easy to change unplug the old one and hook the new one up. Takes about 2 minutes to do.

De3aler not quite honest if you have key number, mark on bill of sale, you can always get a blank and have one ut. Yamha is terrible at cutting keys, get them wrong most of the time.

Jim

I agree about the key thing, I ordered 2-3 for my RX-1 and they were all wrong!

I agree that the switchblade key is a worthless gimmick. I modified my stock rectangular key to fit into a Yamaha marine key "head rubber" and now it completely covers the ignition inlet itself, protecting from water intrusion.

Looks trick too.

Jack_Shaft said:

I agree that the switchblade key is a worthless gimmick. I modified my stock rectangular key to fit into a Yamaha marine key "head rubber" and now it completely covers the ignition inlet itself, protecting from water intrusion.

Looks trick too.

Any pics you'd like to share? :pics:

edmundsfly said:
Jack_Shaft said:

Looks trick too.

Any pics you'd like to share? :pics:
yea more info and pics please. sounds like a great idea.

Back