• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2006 Yamaha Apex with MPI Supercharger

im just building another 1 with a trp super charger

I do, I have 10 to 12 lbs with a head shim and it only makes like 212hp on the track Dyno at Ulmers.

Mr Sled that wasn't actual track hp I'm guessing right? It was a correction factor to relate track hp to pto hp. What was the actual track hp?

Mr Sled that wasn't actual track hp I'm guessing right? It was a correction factor to relate track hp to pto hp. What was the actual track hp?

no that was calculated back to PTO out put. I was kinda of disappointed when we ran it. Its been awhile since we did it, I would have to dig for the data. On top of that its always been a pig on fuel.

I would not put alot of trust into a number that tries to relate those 2 testing points. Just too many variables IMO. Based on yout setup I would expect your sled to be making upwards of 225hp or more at the pto. Provided you have a good tune. Rule of thumb on an Apex is 10hp per psi at reasonable boost levels.

That seems lower than i would have guessed always thought it was 8 hp/lb for a super, I was going to pick up a super charger for my trail Apex now to rethink.

I would not put alot of trust into a number that tries to relate those 2 testing points. Just too many variables IMO. Based on yout setup I would expect your sled to be making upwards of 225hp or more at the pto. Provided you have a good tune. Rule of thumb on an Apex is 10hp per psi at reasonable boost levels.

Maybe with a Turbo.. I have a Supercharged Nytro, Supercharged Apex, 12lb Turbo Viper and a Sidewinder putting out 270 plus HP.. seat of the pants tells me everything. I know how to read the gauges.. not much more can be done on the Apex Pig. I can make it move, trust me but it needs race gas to stay together.

BTW 10 HP per lbs of boost on a decompressed motor is not correct. 8 HP would be closer. As far as the results of the Supercharger on the Apex.. we might have calculated it back low too based on at that time the map was off.. so I am sure in ideal map at sea level and the boost levels I stated it would be closer to 225.

Last edited:
I made 138.72hp on Ulmers track dyno with a decompressed (10:1CR) stage 1 apex. That equates out to damn near perfect 240hp or a 90hp gain over a stock 150 and at 10 psi is about 9 hp/lb of boost. Mr. Sled you have the worst luck with SC apexs!! HAHA

I made 138.72hp on Ulmers track dyno with a decompressed (10:1CR) stage 1 apex. That equates out to damn near perfect 240hp or a 90hp gain over a stock 150 and at 10 psi is about 9 hp/lb of boost. Mr. Sled you have the worst luck with SC apexs!! HAHA

Yep.

Just as a point of reference dynotech tested an 06 Apex with MPI stage 1 @ 11lbs (actually 11.3 psi at peak) of boost with STOCK compression on 100 octane gas. It made 243hp at the pto. As I stated in a previous post, I think the conversion from track to pto hp is off.

Last edited:
Just as a point of reference dynotech tested an 06 Apex with MPI stage 1 @ 11lbs (actually 11.3 psi at peak) of boost with STOCK compression on 100 octane gas. It made 243hp at the pto. As I stated in a previous post, I think the conversion from track to pto hp is off.

I think mine is close because its not that fast compared to sled with a few more ponys.

Back