• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2007 venture -no electronics and wont start but spins over

V-maximum

Extreme
I went to start it up today, the engine spins over but dosent start. There is no lights, the gages dont light up or move, all fuses are good. I drove it there last season and never touched it. If the engine dident spin over I'd think in was a dead battery. What could it be? :o|

i'm guessing youre carbs are dry,keep cranking and it should eventually start,that's why i start mine every month so i dont have that problem when winter comes,do a search cuz i think someone on here had posted on how to remedy this problem

could be the plugs too. The guy i bought my sled from barely rode it and it started hard sometimes not at all. changed the plugs and it starts right up

Don't kill your battery trying to prime empty gas line..... these pumps don't work in air.
Remove belt guard, disconnect the gas tank vent line (the one that has a spring around it) just beside the secondary clutch and blow into it as far as you can to pressurize the tank then block with your thumb. Now you crank and she will fire after few secs.

Try removing your fuel tank vent tube (it attaches to the tubular foot well on the clutch side) and blow in it as hard as you can while cranking the engine over. This will pressurize the fuel system and make starting much easier if your floats are dry. If that doesn't work it could be gummed-up pilot jets, or plugs as someone else mentioned. When my floats are dry and I'm not blowing down the vent line, it will crank over forever, almost until the battery gives out, before it will start.

this machine has gas thats not the issue. There is no power on it anywere but the starter. when you turn the key on the gage is susposed to move all the way up then back down(needle). There are no lights, no clocks, nothing, but it will spin over. :o|

You say there is no blown fuse... OK.

There is a 15 amp fuse which power ignition coils, starter relay & CDI. Obviously its good as it crank. (crank relay is powered) All you need more is fuel.

Guages & dash pod, lights and grips warmer are powered only if the ECU decide so. Happens that you require to wait for these at 4:00 on the morning at -40.... 10 to 20 seconds after engine start voltage goes up then you gets light.

Your prob maybe very low voltage... can you check DC volt across battery.

But if it cranks, no reason to not start.... provided you got gas. Remove a plug see if its dry. If dry, blow in the tube....i tell ya.

V-maximum said:
this machine has gas thats not the issue. There is no power on it anywere but the starter. when you turn the key on the gage is susposed to move all the way up then back down(needle). There are no lights, no clocks, nothing, but it will spin over. :o|

Hmmm...my gage doesn't move up and down until after my sled starts.

An engine only requires 3 things to run: air, fuel, and spark. Worst case, pull your plugs and see if you're getting spark. If you are then you know for certain it is a fuel delivery problem. My sled would hardly idle last spring because of gummed-up pilot jets. They were 50% restricted, and I drained my fuel and floats during the previous summer. If blowing down the tube doesn't work and your fuses are all good then I would bet on the pilot jets. They're easy to remove and clean.

i had same problem with my sled today can't get it goin coulda turned it over for ten years im gonna try that hose tommoro. Tried to take off one of the plugs the plug it self is really tight was scared to strip it so wouldnt put any more pressure on it. What does everyone else use to get there plugs out. The one in the tool kit or is there a way to use a ratchet? thanks

Attachments

• P8030021.JPG
    P8030021.JPG
    146.3 KB · Views: 128
I had the same problem last year, i just read on here to blow into the vent line and it started...

Exactly it has to start first then the gauges move. Keep cranking.

Metallicat said:
V-maximum said:

Hmmm...my gage doesn't move up and down until after my sled starts.

An engine only requires 3 things to run: air, fuel, and spark. Worst case, pull your plugs and see if you're getting spark. If you are then you know for certain it is a fuel delivery problem. My sled would hardly idle last spring because of gummed-up pilot jets. They were 50% restricted, and I drained my fuel and floats during the previous summer. If blowing down the tube doesn't work and your fuses are all good then I would bet on the pilot jets. They're easy to remove and clean.

I disconnected the both gas lines at the fuel pump one at a time and blew into the vent with the lines disconnected until gas came out and then installed the lines turned on the choke and it started pretty easily

Put a little gas down the spark plug holes. If it's older gas it dosen't have the Octane to work. Fresh gas will get things moving..Might have to do it a few times..

wont start

it could be dampness in one or more relays , thats why you get no lights or gauges / blow dry relays / i have had this prob. with yams before

all this talk about priming the lines, i think it's just as easy to remove the airbox cover in the nose and spray a little ether in the throat of a carb or 2. if you do in fact have spark she'll start. Had to do this actually a couple of weeks ago which was the first start in almost 2 years on an 05. remember gentleman these sleds are 4 strokes so you don't have to worry about ether cleaning the oil from the cyl. walls, at least not for the couple rotations it should take to start

Back