• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2008 Apex GT Questions

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2007 Yamaha Attak GT
Hey everyone..new to the website. I have always had Yamaha snowmobiles, but I just learned about the site a little while ago! I just bought a 2008 Apex GT. It runs great but I have noticed a couple problems. I have searched the forums and came up empty so I thought I would give this a try!

- I have noticed moisture behind my headlight lens. I have looked around but I'm not sure how to solve the problem.
- My reverse grinds. I have tightened the chain and it will work for a little while, then begins grinding again. It goes forward with no problems.
- I have heard the rear suspension cracks alot of the Apex's. I do not believe mine has cracked yet, but I am interested in having it reinforced and them powder coated. Any ideas who could do this?

Thanks! If I have any more questions about my sled I will either post it here or search the forums!

For the suspension, search "Beef up Kit" by wellaracer(spelling??). He has a hugh long post on here that he updates like every week. I think the 08 is stronger than the 07, but I beleive the 09 has all the updates done.....he can tell you for sure. He then does a nice job of powdercoating.
Your grinding is probably a linkage adjustment for the revearse. Also make sure the belt is not so tight that it squeels at an idle, as this can contribute to difficulties going into reverse.
As far as your headlight, I don't know. It is not a sealed lamp, so I would just dry it out with a hair dryer, then see if moisture returns

If I've learned one thing about Apex headlights since switching to HIDs and then full blown projector HIDs (see my signature and link) it's that the area behind your headlight pod is a very humid environment when running out on the trails. Small amounts of snow will find its way into the shielded area around the flex pipe headers. That snow will melt and evaporate and the moisture will find its way all around the headlight pod and out the vents as well.

Make sure that the rubber boots around the bulb bases are installed correctly and if they are, you could check to see if there is a crack anywhere in the housing. If there is, cover it with some foil tape or silicone if it is in a visible area. If moisture is not building up and accumulating as liquid water, it's probably something you'll just have to live with. No harm done.

If tyou cannot live with it, another option is to pick up some dessicant packs and run with them fastened to the back side of the bulb boots. They will suck the moisture right out of the housing. You'll just have to replace them from time to time as they get saturated.

The dessicant packs are those little sugar packet looking things you find when you open up new electronics or other similar store bought items. They have a big warning on em saying not edible or for human consumption. Thet are super cheap on eBay.

Desiccant-Pack-for-HOBO-Micro-Station_85-DESICCANT6.jpg

We are all here to help each other out. Welcome to TY! Please add your location to your profile.

Back