• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2008 Polaris lineup

one of my buddy bought a 700 dragon a couple months ago,he blew it up last weekend,not sure what happened but he was not impressed,he's been a polaris rider all his life,last year he bought a used vector,he loves it but he still wanted a 2 stroke ,maybe this will change is mind for good

Only sled they have worth having is the 600RR.. Too bad it only has a 9GAL gas tank and no speedo or odometer..

I herd there is a merger taking place...............Would you want to ride the new POL-CAT?

sledheadgeorge said:
I herd there is a merger taking place...............Would you want to ride the new POL-CAT?

Doubt it would be b/t Polaris and Cat as I heard both have financial problems. Generally merging two problematic companies only creates more problems. I would be more likely to believe something with the Japanese (Honda or Kawa) that need to establish a dealer network quickly. Tom Tiller ran them into the ground by milking an old product line too long before investing in the future (i.e. R&D). Started way back in 2002 and has been a downhill slide ever since.

welterracer said:
Only sled they have worth having is the 600RR.. Too bad it only has a 9GAL gas tank and no speedo or odometer..

That is cool, yamaha should make a replica Malinowski sled. ;)!

IMO, there sleds ride nice, it's their motor/drivetrain that has been totally out to lunch. I have yet to see a new Polaris for years that has impressed me with their performance compared to brand X.

77srxdude said:
Pol may not have been raking in the cash with sleds - but it is still a very healthy company overall.

Not so sure about that. Look at their stock price compared to what it was in 2002. Also last few quarters have been very bad. The only thing that is keeping them afloat now is ATV's and that market is getting very competitive right now with several manufactures competing in the market. Victory isn't that big a business and watercraft flopped with losses. Let's just say if I was a stockholder I would be a little concerned about the future.

Maybe Honda will buy the Polaris snowmobile division and put some serious effort into developing newer and more exciting models. Seems like Polaris just doesn't care anymore, and all of their faithful followers just keep waiting and hoping for something worthwhile!

But they only waited just so long, then they tried to trade in their Polaris and Polaris wouldn't even take it..... So they sell it out right and GO BUY YAMAHA !!!! and discover 4 STROKES are fun....
:yam:

77srxdude said:
Models offered
Pol 31
Yam 23
Cat 38

Pol has 4 models that are same everything - just different track length choices.

Cat has 4 as well that are just track length related.

Track length options is an area that is most commonly complained about with the new Yams.

Yam is limited in the motors that are offered - that is what keeps their lineup a little smaller. Not a bad thing.

Would be sweet to see Yam make a new version of the SnoScoot in the $2300 range.

Add another polaris to the list there is a limited build 800 in the 121.Each dealer is getting two dragon 800 121's

Slp just dynoed the new 800@158hp

pro116 said:
77srxdude said:
Models offered
Pol 31
Yam 23
Cat 38

Pol has 4 models that are same everything - just different track length choices.

Cat has 4 as well that are just track length related.

Track length options is an area that is most commonly complained about with the new Yams.

Yam is limited in the motors that are offered - that is what keeps their lineup a little smaller. Not a bad thing.

Would be sweet to see Yam make a new version of the SnoScoot in the $2300 range.

Add another polaris to the list there is a limited build 800 in the 121.Each dealer is getting two dragon 800 121's

Slp just dynoed the new 800@158hp

Hope this one is better designed than the 900 POS! If they had any faith in it they would launch it in full production. This one is probably thrown together like the last one. We'll see!

Back