• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2009 lineup !!!

I was also disappointed. I would have liked to have seen an Apex X-TX. I just really like the 150HP motor, even though I here the Nytro will hold it's own to 100MPH Also it would be nice to see an Apex LTX (Lake racer) say 170 HP or so with a little lower stance! I still love my 07 Attack and don't see anything that will make me jump to a different sled.

Can't expect BRAND new things every year guys. It would be nice, but with the margins the way they are in the industry, we gotta be happy it moves ahead as fast as it does.

SilentSno said:
Can't expect BRAND new things every year guys. It would be nice, but with the margins the way they are in the industry, we gotta be happy it moves ahead as fast as it does.

I agree, but the big hype in 07 after the release of the Apex in 06, was to wait until 09!!!! Well were here... By the time Yamaha answers the big hp war it will have past them again. Sledders are not like normal Motorsports industries.... Sledders are impulse buyers and they always want a change to hp, handling and style. A 3 year old sled is old. A new Apex will probably come next year, but they will have not gained any customers buying doing this. If they want to be the leader in 4 stroke tecnology, you can't give the others time to catch up.

So at woodgate next winter when another stock Apex roasts the bigger badder cats and stuff, what's that mean? Half of this big hp stuff is all hype, and doesn't translate into huge mph numbers anyway...jmo.
And the yammy 4 strokes are pretty well proven sleds.
But then again, my ole Apex still looks current, goes fast and rides great, so I'm happy for another year...lol.

The one thing I'll say is in 2002 Yamaha released the Viper which in it's day was today's Nytro and in 2003 they released the RX-1. I would have loved to have seen a Replacement for the apex and I would have bought one!!

you guys there are more sleds to come, read the head lines "And the rest of the lineup", there are some still being held back till 4pm eastern today.

In 2003 Yamaha released the ground breaking sled of the decade (rx1 the 1st real 4 stroke sled). Yamaha changed some things and left others alone. I am still happy with my RAGE and kids still Yell "WWOOOOWWWWW THATS A COOL SLED MISTER" (and yes it's only a RAGE?). It would have been nice to have The Ground Breaking Sled this year. But at least the other 3 don't have any must have sleds ether. IMHO.

And who knows there might be something just as earth shattering as the 2003 rx1 next year. ;)!

:4STroke: which means :yam:

Daranello said:
1027-2009_Apex_LTXGT_Action_10.jpg

:pics: Oh no, you are going to get a big spankin for Mr. Sled!!

rx-1erlimitededition said:
Unless your in the market for a Utility Sled, 2009 is a very very disappointing year for the entire snowmobiling industry! Do the manufactures really think they can ask us to pay 12,000 to 14,000 for new decals!

even the "new" graphics are expensive. Anyone try buying the 40th decals for their pre '08?

grizzly said:
you guys there are more sleds to come, read the head lines "And the rest of the lineup", there are some still being held back till 4pm eastern today.

Your not reading it right. What you see in the write up is the rest of Yamaha's lineup. The reference is made because of the early release of the XTX.

wow! Yamaha has been releasing new ground breaking stuff since 03'.

Some of you guys actually think some of the other 3 manufacturers have a stronger line up than Yamaha? Wow. call me stupid.
I don't see it that way.

With the early announcement of the XTX I thought maybe this was a teaser for a lot of new things. Man I was REALLY hoping for a lighter Apex or more HP. Maybe even a turbo'd option. Doesn't make for much of an "announcement" when nothing has really changed. Its ashame too. With all the record snowfalls throughout the midwest it could have been a huge year for a new sleds.

We are still leading the 4-stroke industry and will continue to. With the jump on 4-stroke technology that we have and the strong line-up that we have and have had, we will continue to rule. i would rather see an exciting big jump from yamaha in technology, design and looks instead of alot of small boring jumps in tech, design and looks even if it takes a few years. When we do a big jump we blow the competators minds (and ours) and it makes them feel that they are that much more behind (and they are). If we do alot of small jumps it gives the other brands a chance to track what we are doing and gradually catch-up. Yamaha already knows that you love your sled and have designed you a product that you can do alot with. I think yamaha is more interested in converting 2-stroke people to 4-stroke people right now instead of trying to satisfiy a bunch of motorheads that want to see some crazy new designs because they are bored with the sled that they have. (dont get me wrong, i am one of those motorheads too) Regardless of the so called dissapointing 09 lineup you have the best sled on the market period. Lets let the people who are excited to jump from a 2-stroke to a 4-stroke buy these 2009 models. It will do nothing but strengthen yamaha corp., and it will get the motorheads off yamahas back so they can peacfully come up with a product that will blow our minds next year. Yamaha knows what they are doing and what they are up against in all categories. They didnt get this far by continually making stupid decisions and whatever bad decisions that they have made in the past they have obviously learned from them.

PLUS, yamaha may still surprise you, not all models have been in the open yet!!!!

Back