• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2009 lineup !!!

I think its a good thing to keep platforms around longer. It make my '06 Apex still current and retains resell value. It keeps the costs down, allows for refinement, and gives the aftermarket a better chance to make and sell products. If it wasn't for the Skidoo Rev and the rider forward thing, I'm sure the RX1 would have been around for a few more years.

sg35 said:
rx-1 limted, how much more would they have to do to make you be willing to pay 14,000 for a sled? i am sure that sounds argumentative but it's not meant that way. i don't think we can expect the oem's to make big changes or big money changes at least and keep the cost of this sport at a reasonable level. i would like to see something in the area between the phazer and vector for a reasonable cost. the fact is, i consider myself a pretty decent rider, but i don't need $3,000 worth of shock upgrades or any of the other fancy crap we demand, but honestly don't NEED most of it. i think we should expect them to improve stuff, but it can't happen every year on every model. in my opion we are pricing ourselves out of a pretty good time. sorry, not trying to argue, don't take it the wrong way.

There would be lots of people paying big bucks for a new high performance entry. Watch how many Cat turbos are sold! The other point is how Yamaha can not do anything with known issues. We see this time and time again. Handlebar heater upgrades took an act of congress. Fix the skis which are the worst OEM ski on the market. I think Nytro guys would like to go more than 70-80miles between fill ups. If they are going to charge high bucks for sleds and raise the price each year - we as consumers have the right to expect improvements. That is My Point!

dirkdiggler said:
RSVECTORFREAK said:
dirkdiggler said:
RSVECTORFREAK said:
Wow that was pretty disappointing to say the least.

What where you hoping for?

Well I was kind of hoping for more HP and less weight for the Apex. Some type of bigger gas tank for the XTX. Why bother making the 120 motor FI and not use it in the vectors only the touring model?? Better skis for another thing. I was wondering if could order a new sled minus the skis and have the dealer take the price off of the sled. No storage for another point.

All Valis complaints. From what I'm told Yamaha is reluctant to change the ski becuase of possible legal issues. Skidoo got sued over the pilot and Yamaha doesn't want that.

Then buy them from the people who skis they want to copy.... ie... SLT ski-dog or whoever... The stock skis are junk and I should NOT have to change them on a brand new sled OR REMOVE the skis from the sleds and give me back 500.00 bucks so I can put on a pair that work.. They are dangerous...

SledFreak said:
dirkdiggler said:
RSVECTORFREAK said:
dirkdiggler said:
RSVECTORFREAK said:
Wow that was pretty disappointing to say the least.

What where you hoping for?

Well I was kind of hoping for more HP and less weight for the Apex. Some type of bigger gas tank for the XTX. Why bother making the 120 motor FI and not use it in the vectors only the touring model?? Better skis for another thing. I was wondering if could order a new sled minus the skis and have the dealer take the price off of the sled. No storage for another point.

All Valis complaints. From what I'm told Yamaha is reluctant to change the ski becuase of possible legal issues. Skidoo got sued over the pilot and Yamaha doesn't want that.

Then buy them from the people who skis they want to copy.... ie... SLT ski-dog or whoever... The stock skis are junk and I should NOT have to change them on a brand new sled OR REMOVE the skis from the sleds and give me back 500.00 bucks so I can put on a pair that work.. They are dangerous...

I agree I refuse to ride a sled with stock skis.

Better resale, are you guys kidding? Do you see the Apex's for sale? The only ones that have sold are the one's priced cheap. Take a look on ebay; the Yamai's are not even reaching their reserve before the auctions end...........

This is the first year in a long time that Yamaha did almost nothing to there line-up. 02=viper, 03=Rx-1, 04-Rx-warrior, 05=vector&mono, 06=Apex, 07=phazer, 08=nytro, 09=???????

Dont want to say "I told you so"
But did you finally see the 2009's????
See how Yamaha remedied the black paint
on he floor boards from prematurely wearing
out down to the bare aluminum?
The new sled has a bare aluminum chassis.
Whoopie!

569jason said:
This is the first year in a long time that Yamaha did almost nothing to there line-up. 02=viper, 03=Rx-1, 04-Rx-warrior, 05=vector&mono, 06=Apex, 07=phazer, 08=nytro, 09=???????

Nytro cross over for 09 (not ground breaking but still something) also a new 120fi. About a 5 hp gain over original vector (pretty respectable number) and 5% gain in mpg (not really significant but better than losing mpg's) Shame its only in the ventures though.

Might not be an exciting release for the guys that thing yammie only builds apexs but they did bring some new tech.

Back