• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2009 lineup !!!

Why didn't they at least put the xtx skid in the apex for more power and it would like like they came out with more than just two sleds this year: xtx and new two up sled and one new motor!

If the 120 FI motor is so great why not put in the line up all the way across? It would show a hp improvment in all the sled type and get people to buy a new sled for more than just wanting better graphics.

Im glad i bought my sled last year no sence paying more money just for different graphics.
(':o|')

I was hoping for more. Hell the couldn't even get the website correct. Click on the Apex ER and it shows the following. Note the 130HP, lol.

Attachments

• New Picture.jpg
    New Picture.jpg
    197.3 KB · Views: 109
GreenDog said:
I think its a good thing to keep platforms around longer. It make my '06 Apex still current and retains resell value. It keeps the costs down, allows for refinement, and gives the aftermarket a better chance to make and sell products. If it wasn't for the Skidoo Rev and the rider forward thing, I'm sure the RX1 would have been around for a few more years.

Have any refinements been done to the sleds, other than no paint on the tunnels and new graphics? I would have liked to hear that Yamaha improved on the exhaust systems-better set-up to alleviate the gasket and pipe issues many are starting to have, better heat output on the handwarmers, and a better-designed ski-keeps the aftermarket ski companies in business.

Not totally unexpected that the Vector didn't get fuel injection, but they did come out with a fuel injected triple in the Venture. Must have a lot of carburetors to use up??

Curious how that HUGE windshield on the "new" Venture is going to work out-if they'll experience any problems with it folding back or breaking the mounting tabs off of the headlight/gauge pods?

I was dissapointed when I saw the line-up, but with the awesome sleds that are out maybe Yamaha's waiting one year to blow up in 2010. I know I was excited to see the lineup too, along with all of you guys. When the competition comes out with different sleds and your brand doesn't really it sucks, but 4 strokes own 2 srokes hands down so I can wait for the Dominating line-up we know Yamaha can produce.

:yam:

It was nice to see they have updated the Venture TF to the new chassis as well. It's actually a very capable model, both in deep snow and on the trails. I like the articulated rear suspension and 151" track on this thing. And of course the fact it should use less fuel then the old 120-engine is one of the biggest plusses.

Just rip the HUGE windshield off it, put a medium on, and away I go. I will be able to use all the bags and everything I have bought for the Vector on it also. Hmmmm....

The only downfall is the every-third window clipped rip-saw, if they don't update it. It really needs to be fully clipped at least...

Attachments

• 2009_RSVenture_TF_SlBk_1 (Medium).jpg
    2009_RSVenture_TF_SlBk_1 (Medium).jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 118
  • 2009_RSVenture_TF_SlBk_3 (Medium).jpg
    2009_RSVenture_TF_SlBk_3 (Medium).jpg
    35 KB · Views: 114
They Yammi tall windshields, whether on the Phazer or the new Venture, tend to make the sled look like something from the Alien movies.

Looks like the Vectors get the Apex style speedo pod, at least from their description (clock, dual trip odo, barameteric pressure readout).

Can't believe the 126hp FI motor found its way into the Venture but not the Vector. The Vector really deserves EFI. Not every Vector owner wants to sync their carbs and drain the floats every spring.

The base Vector's white paint with blue graphics looks like a step backwards in the graphics department. Red on white looks good, but not their blue on white color combo.

I actually liked the painted tunnel of the 2008 sleds. All they needed to do was make the paint more durable (powercoating) instead of making everything bare aluminum.

Jesster said:
vet699 said:
09 Yamahas = GAY Especially for the mtn guys. Dealers are sitting on new 07 Apex mtns that won't sell, they are nice sleds but their time has past.

Waiting so late to unveil BNG's is it for me, I'm snochecking Polaris. Unless the new turbo Cat looks like it can be made into a viable mtn machine.....

Same here. I'm trying to get rid of my Nytro ASAP. It's a fun sled but IMO a greasy lemon, and Yamaha's customer service sucks. Next year's ride is gonna be a Polaris 800 Assault

Hopefully you won't be posting on this site anymore, all you do is complain, whine, and bash people. Good riddance.

I'm not too impressed with the lineup either (Vector is now 570 lbs??? oink), but what people seen to be missing here is that pretty much everyone had a BNG year. Other than Polaris's 800 (which looks very nice) and the Turbo Cat (I'll take a used Yam 06/7 and a turbo kit for 200+ hp, thanks), what was there?

Let the 2010 rumors begin, I bet you'll see the 520 lb/165 hp Apex replacement then. :tg:

I was planning to buy a new and better Apex Gt this spring on snow check but thats not going to happen!!! After all the A/Cat bashing I have done to my chums I hope their new turbo sled doesn't grow on me at the spring show . :o|

I wonder why they only put the new tunnel in the XTX & RTX SE? I would consider trading in my 08 Nytro to get the new front end and tunnel, but I don't want/need the SE version.
Hopefully they will address some of the 08's issues over the summer.

Back