• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2010 Nytro tunnel closure

Nytrosnox

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2013 Nytro XTX 2017 Sidewinder XTX
First season on my 2010 FX Nytro, and loving it! I was wondering if anyone has closed off the area right under the muffler. It seems to through snow dust right on the tail light. Any help would be great, other wise I might be the first. ;)!

Check this out. If your handy, double check measurements for sled type, pull your skid, print and take this to a fab shop. For about $45.00 and 4 hours with some rivets (and barley sandwiches) :drink: , you will have a beautiful enclosed tunnel. This mounts right over your tunnel protectors. Voila!!
http://www.ty4stroke.com/download.php?id=64083

I have an Excell pipe with Barker can installed.
When I did these mods I removed the aluminum braces that ran the length of the tunnel and made my own block off plate from sheet aluminum purchased at a local hardware store. I have eliminated almost all of the tunnel icing and some of the snow dust from around the rear tail light.
I would suggest drilling a few rows of small holes in the block off plate to help dissipate the heat.

Kope

Nytro tunnel

Wow thanks guys great tips. Hope to change my photo soon. Maybe I will see you guys on the trails. :4STroke: [/u]

tunnel cover

Man nice sleds guys hope mine will look as good soon.

tunnel cover

Man nice sleds guys hope mine will look as good soon.

Attachments

• phazer skide plate.jpg
    phazer skide plate.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 143
just put a close off plate in my nytro over the weekend just got back from a ride tonight and less than half of the ice build up ... works great :-o

I used an OFT plate and cut a hole for the exhaust. So far results are great!

Attachments

• Yosh2.jpg
    Yosh2.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 144

Back