• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2010 subframes backordered

srx900

Expert
bent my subframe 2 weeks ago. The good news is that warrantee is going to cover it. The bad news is that my dealer is telling me that they are backordered and who knows when they will get them so the sled has been at the dealers for two weeks and im waiting I spent 4 days riding my apex in quebec last week for 1000 mi and now im ready to hit the bumps on the hill with my nytro anyone else waiting on subframes

Bend er' back and ride it as is for now......mine left shock was way out (hit carbide on small rock on trail).....and wiped out hard this past weekend and it's almost centered again! ha ha these sub-frames rock......

Just discovered my subframe is bent too, SRX900 did you go through your dealer to get it covered by warrantee? What did you have to show them? I do not remember hitting anything hard enough to bend it. but the Spring is touching my upper A arm.

I ordered a 2010 frame from Yamaha sports plaza and had it at my door here in Western NY in less than a week.

I'm not changing mine until spring. I took a 3 ft pry bar and placed it in between upper and lower ball joints, put my foot against the spindle and bent it back. I now see why these frames are bending, it took very little effort to bend it back into place.

bent mine back so many times i have lost track.but the left side on the subframe must finally be tweaked,can't get the shock centered anymore.

Mine was on backorder also but came in much sooner than they said. Geeze what does that tell you about these things. Can't make enough to keep up with the demand.I was the first they had ever saw as well. Just remember Y.E.S. means NO :o|

backorder

Now Im getting pissed sled has been at dealers for three weeks and no date from yamaha as to when the subframe will be sent. I guess this is how there warrantee works. If they dont have parts you cant ride the sled and if you dont put many miles on then there is less to go wrong. I'LL probably get sled back in june at this rate. Any body want to go to Greenland to ride this summer. :o|

Re: backorder

srx900 said:
Now Im getting pissed sled has been at dealers for three weeks and no date from yamaha as to when the subframe will be sent. I guess this is how there warrantee works. If they dont have parts you cant ride the sled and if you dont put many miles on then there is less to go wrong. I'LL probably get sled back in june at this rate. Any body want to go to Greenland to ride this summer. :o|

Remember this when it comes to buy a new sled...and Yamaha should be aware of this too.

Back