• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2010 Top Speeds?

I just seen 98 on my dream-o-meter today.

Update 98 Speedo 94.8 GPS. I think there is still somemore speed there but had to back off. My best Yamaha, It's # 7 since I left Doo.

the older style chassis will pull bigger mph but the hp will make up the diff. Older style chassis is better for top end. mono scrubs off a lot.

Turk said:
the older style chassis will pull bigger mph but the hp will make up the diff. Older style chassis is better for top end. mono scrubs off a lot.

Say what??? :drink:

I don't know just what chassis you are referring to, but the Vector has always had the Mono-Shock rear skid. Even in the Deltabox I chassis.

theCATman said:
Turk said:

Say what??? :drink:

I don't know just what chassis you are referring to, but the Vector has always had the Mono-Shock rear skid. Even in the Deltabox I chassis.

The 2005 Vector had the dual shock pro-active rear (or whatever it was called - same style skid as the Nytro XTX). Mono wasn't available on the Vec until 2006.

The 2005 Vector had the dual shock pro-active rear (or whatever it was called - same style skid as the Nytro XTX). Mono wasn't available on the Vec until 2006.[/quote]

I stand corrected for the '05 Vectors. Thanks.

No way the '05 Vector is/was faster than the new 2010 Vector though. Stock vs Stock that is.

The new 2010 speedometers are much more accurate, so the new ones are posting slower speeds than our older "dream meter" machines. 100mph on my Vec is right around 90mph on GPS. Mine has never pulled an honest 100 mph and it probably never will on the trail.

pistol said:
Are the new drivers in the 2010's slowing them down?

What??

There is nothing slowing the new Vectors down. They are a 130 HP trail sled geared for acceleration, not top-end screaming lake running.

100-105 MPH is nothing to scough at.

If you want top-end, buy an Apex.

If you wanna be side-X-side with an Apex 'till 90 MPH & knock down 19+ MPG doing it.... buy a '10 Vector GT.

pistol said:
Last years carb motor with less power is capable of those speeds so is it the new drive sprockets robbing a bit of speed?

Gearing & RPMS my friend.

While '10s have more power everywhere in the powerband, the engine still only turns low-mid 8,000's & I'm sure it's geared the same as the older models too.

Like I posted above... I don't get your point. It's a damn trail sled, not a lake runner. :whine:

Back