• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2010 turbo lightweight yamaha

Oh boy! Here we go! First day under 60 degrees and guess what......... I'm not the least bit surprised this is starting!!! :drink:

I think that the sleds they've got are powerful enough. And the certainly have enough models in the overpowered class, but where they really just keep missing the mark is in the midsized sleds. They've got a teeny-weeny 80hp, then they jump to 120.... How about a 100? A nice 600 to 650cc twin 4-stroke in a 144" would be what I *really* wanted when I bought my 03. Maybe with variable valve timing to keep the idle smooth and low...

1CrazySledder said:
Been on snowest to long. lol 2010 Turbo Honda. lol

If this was true, imagine the tag on it? 18 GRAND?

http://www.snowest.com/forum/showthread.php?p=859204
Nope see the amazing thing is Yamaha being the great company they are will be sending out rebate coupons to everyone who has an early year apex 5143 dollars because they have been dealing with a hand warmer issue and wet left foot
so you will be able to get into a 200 hp 425 pound sled for under 12 grand its true just ask my mom ;)!

BWWAAHahahahaha

LazyBastard said:
I think that the sleds they've got are powerful enough. And the certainly have enough models in the overpowered class, but where they really just keep missing the mark is in the midsized sleds. They've got a teeny-weeny 80hp, then they jump to 120.... How about a 100? A nice 600 to 650cc twin 4-stroke in a 144" would be what I *really* wanted when I bought my 03. Maybe with variable valve timing to keep the idle smooth and low...
>>>
Yeah right, Cat and Doo will be bringing boosted 4 strokes in a mnt. chasis in the next 3 years, COUNT ON IT! Cat already has the 177h.p. rocket and will no doubt be putting this in the next generation mnt. sled it's only a matter of time, if Yamaha doesn't come out with lighter sleds and more power in the next 3 years they'll be left behind, evolution of the species! I DO agree they need a 100h.p. sled, dee tune the Nytro and make a 110 h.p. version with monster troque and they could save money using the same chassis....kind of like the detuned touring version but a little less in a lighter chassis. If Yamaha went through there sleds and actually tried to cut all corners possible by using smaller bolts etc. etc. like Cat and Doo they could loose another 25lbs easy from the Nytro.

adrenaline junkey said:
1CrazySledder said:
Been on snowest to long. lol 2010 Turbo Honda. lol

If this was true, imagine the tag on it? 18 GRAND?

http://www.snowest.com/forum/showthread.php?p=859204
Nope see the amazing thing is Yamaha being the great company they are will be sending out rebate coupons to everyone who has an early year apex 5143 dollars because they have been dealing with a hand warmer issue and wet left foot
so you will be able to get into a 200 hp 425 pound sled for under 12 grand its true just ask my mom ;)!

Ahh yeah.....we need snow, man. lol :drink: :drink:

Re: BWWAAHahahahaha

GotJuice said:
LazyBastard said:
>>>
Yeah right, Cat and Doo will be bringing boosted 4 strokes in a mnt. chasis in the next 3 years, COUNT ON IT! Cat already has the 177h.p. rocket and will no doubt be putting this in the next generation mnt. sled it's only a matter of time, if Yamaha doesn't come out with lighter sleds and more power in the next 3 years they'll be left behind, evolution of the species! I DO agree they need a 100h.p. sled, dee tune the Nytro and make a 110 h.p. version with monster troque and they could save money using the same chassis....kind of like the detuned touring version but a little less in a lighter chassis. If Yamaha went through there sleds and actually tried to cut all corners possible by using smaller bolts etc. etc. like Cat and Doo they could loose another 25lbs easy from the Nytro.

I would NEVER buy a detuned nytro. If you lose the power without losing the weight and fuel consumption, you end up with an AMERICAN CAR. Goes like a pig, handles like a pig, and pigs out on gas. Not my idea of a good sled.

Oh, and these things use CVT transmissions, so monster torque is irrelevant. High strung low displacement = good.

I also wouldn't want to see the weight go down by cutting corners.

Back