• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2010 Vector skid - is something missing?

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2010 Vector ltx GT
2010 MXZ X 1200
I have looked at the yamaha parts on line but I fail to see anything indicating something is missing. Clearly something was bolted here. Could it have been an extra wheel set? If so, I would guess it needs to be on the outside such that it does not get crushed. Anyone know what might have been affixed here?

Attachments

• Vector skid.jpg
    Vector skid.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 337

for sure it was a bogie wheel was it an extra? I don't know I thought there was one there stock.

My '09 has 2 wheels on the inside in that spot. This is the way it came stock btw.

No stock wheels there on an LTX.

Someone had a marginal wheel kit on there. The tiny ones.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

No stock wheels there on an LTX.

Someone had a marginal wheel kit on there. The tiny ones.

Sorry, my bad. Mine is 121, not LTX. A marginal snow wheel kit wouldn't be a bad idea.

I have looked at the yamaha parts on line but I fail to see anything indicating something is missing. Clearly something was bolted here. Could it have been an extra wheel set? If so, I would guess it needs to be on the outside such that it does not get crushed. Anyone know what might have been affixed here?
Ya, I'd consider sand blasting and powder coating that all of that skid. The 2010 LTX I ride with looks new compared to that skid, even with 8500KM on it.

Sorry, my bad. Mine is 121, not LTX. A marginal snow wheel kit wouldn't be a bad idea.
I've got the kit on my '10, yes it helps/works, but ya really have to stay on top of bearing maintainace. Like every 5-600 miles.

Those little wheels spin at crazy RPMS compared to the rest of the bogies.

Ontarioyamaha....

You are missing a wheel in the center of the skid though. There's supposed to be 2 by the transfer rod.

View attachment 128807 Rear inner idler wheels.
That's a 121 or 128, so yeah if that's what his is. I guess he hasn't/didn't specify. And it's unclear from his picture.

Hard to tell from his picture, but IF it's an LTX, it's not missing any there.

I've got the kit on my '10, yes it helps/works, but ya really have to stay on top of bearing maintainace. Like every 5-600 miles.

Those little wheels spin at crazy RPMS compared to the rest of the bogies.

Just curious, but why didn't you use the same size boogie wheel as the front out side pair in the rear spot?
Also, any reason you can think of to not put the same pair of wheels as next to the Transfer Rod in this rear location, as seen in the red sled?

Last edited:
Cat man, there are two wheels beside the transfer Rod. They are on the inside.

Just finished powder coat and reinstall assembly of front. Planning to pull skid and powder coat it as well

Cat man, there are two wheels beside the transfer Rod. They are on the inside.

Just finished powder coat and reinstall assembly of front. Planning to pull skid and powder coat it as well

Here is my skid back in, powder coat front swing arm, paint rear swing arm. Note, to get the skid back in, I ended up putting the sled on its side (3 people was good for this), as I gave up fighting the track and spring while the sled was up-right. Used a small jack to open the tunnel just slightly to get the front swing arm mounts installed. I'm not sure it is normally that tight a fit, or if the powder coat added a bit of an edge to the tubes where the bushing collars sit.20170515_123112 (1).jpg

Back