• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2010 Venture lite power issue

jbassett79

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2010 Venture lite
New to the forum, though i have read a bunch of threads since getting this machine in march. I have taken this machine out about 6 times. Love IT. never had a 4 stroke until now, along with electric start. that leads me to my problem, power issues. Took the machine out ice fishing, started great on the trailer, and once more on the ice. Then when I got where i was going, I shut the machine off, not sure if i used the key or the stop switch( I always use both). I got ready to leave and the machine was dead when i turned the switches on. No lights, no fuel pump, nothing. I went through the fuses and tried to jump it. I can get the starter to crank by jumping the leads. I have tested the ignition switch, and bought a new one, they both test fine. I took the stop switch apart and now it is missing pieces. I can not get lights or anything to turn on, jumping wires or not. I have been through every post that pops up. I can not figure this thing out. Any help and advise would be GREATLY appreciated.

New to the forum, though i have read a bunch of threads since getting this machine in march. I have taken this machine out about 6 times. Love IT. never had a 4 stroke until now, along with electric start. that leads me to my problem, power issues. Took the machine out ice fishing, started great on the trailer, and once more on the ice. Then when I got where i was going, I shut the machine off, not sure if i used the key or the stop switch( I always use both). I got ready to leave and the machine was dead when i turned the switches on. No lights, no fuel pump, nothing. I went through the fuses and tried to jump it. I can get the starter to crank by jumping the leads. I have tested the ignition switch, and bought a new one, they both test fine. I took the stop switch apart and now it is missing pieces. I can not get lights or anything to turn on, jumping wires or not. I have been through every post that pops up. I can not figure this thing out. Any help and advise would be GREATLY appreciated.

Sorry I only put it in the title not the body.
2010 Venture Lite

There's a ground wire that goes from the battery to a spade connector. It can corrode or come apart. Apart from that, all I can suggest is to grab a manual (there's one for 2007 in the FAQ, should be the same), check the schematics and start tracing voltages and checking circuits.

And I assume you checked all the fuses? Not just look at them but check for continuity? That can look good but be bad.

Yes i threw my tester on every fuse. I have a manual i printed. I have tested all connectors that seem to make sense. I worry it is in the switch and holder on the handle bars. But i assume you should be able to jump the wires and get lights or sounds. But i haven't gotten anything. I tested continuity through the ground wire and frame, and it seemed ok. But I'll check the wires again in a bit.

When you say you can get The starter to crank by jumping the leads, are u using another battery, or crossing the solenoid terminals?

I have now replaced both switches that already tested good. New starter relay just to be safe. Still nothing no starter, no fuel pump, no display. Nothing. I was really starting to like this machine too. Now im ready to junk it and buy something else before this icefishing season is over. Thank you all for the help so far

Did you check the main 40A fuse for power, not just continuity? You'll have to trace power from the battery, through that fuse, then the other fuses it supplies and so on. Look at the schematics and follow the roads.

Did you check the main 40A fuse for power, not just continuity? You'll have to trace power from the battery, through that fuse, then the other fuses it supplies and so on. Look at the schematics and follow the roads.

I have I put in new fuses to be sure. I tested them both ways. I have tested all relays, even though they look like they are after main power? I have power through wires to relays and fuses. Display still doesn't light up, along with fuel pump etc. Does anyone know if the ECU locks out all power if bad? I thoought i would still have main power if the ECU was bad, but now im second guessing that. I currently have the wife looms torn apart and still have found nothing.

What about power at the ignition switch? Have you tried jumping the connectors according to the schematics?

The ECU controls power to the accessories (lights, accessory plug, etc) and turns them on only after the engine starts. The ignition switch sends power to the ECU and gauge pod. The ECU also controls the fuel pump relay. If the ECU and pod aren't getting power, something is preventing that power.

There have been instances of replacement ignition switches that were wired wrong from the factory. Look at the schematics to confirm.

What about power at the ignition switch? Have you tried jumping the connectors according to the schematics?

The ECU controls power to the accessories (lights, accessory plug, etc) and turns them on only after the engine starts. The ignition switch sends power to the ECU and gauge pod. The ECU also controls the fuel pump relay. If the ECU and pod aren't getting power, something is preventing that power.

There have been instances of replacement ignition switches that were wired wrong from the factory. Look at the schematics to confirm.

I will try them again when I get home, But I did do the tests that the book shows with my mutimeter. I do not remember seeing a schematic of how to jump the ignition or the stop switch. Only the starter relay had jumping instructions, that I remember seeing anyway.

The manual wouldn't show something like that. I only have a manual for a 2007 and it tells me that when you turn the key to ON, the Brown and Red/Yellow wires are connected and in START, the Black and Blue/White wires are connected.

Ign Switch.jpg

The stop switch is even easier. Just jump the two wires together, Brown and Brown/White.

Back