• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2011 Apex 10,000 RPM Help.

It was a late night last night but I was determined to figure this out. I gained 700 rpm and a leaky gas tank by the end of it to be exact. The sled performed the same on hard packed as it did in 6 inch fluff tonight at -3 *F. Pretty much it would make a clean sweep in rpms from any SPEED you wack it at to 10,300-10,400 and climb to 10,700 and most likely more but I could'nt hold it long as I had to keep the gas level below the pump mounting area..I ended up with a leaky fuel tank but god darnit we have rpms. did two things both in relation to the fuel supply so unfortunately im not sure which one fixed it. I removed my fuel pump and sprayed the strainer out cleaned it as good as possible tested it out in a bucket of fuel....all looked well..then I installed the pump and filled the tank per directions with a few gallons of gas and half a bottle of CATACLEAN. I then drove it for ten minutes and refueled and walla...animal mode with my 150lb butt. just thought I would share that with anyone interested. Thanks for the advice as well.

So you were losing fuel pressure causing you to not hit your RPM target?

So you were losing fuel pressure causing you to not hit your RPM target?
Yes I believe so. I don't have the equipment to test fuel pressure so I cant say for sure. If I had to guess I would say it was foreign material or some sort of corrosive build up inside the injectors? I really didn't mess with the fuel pump much I just cleaned the strainer and ran some fuel through it. Then I added this fuel/exhaust cleaner called Cataclean-Bike for 4-strokes which is not your average fuel system cleaner I can tell you that lol! Amazing stuff!

Back