• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2011 Apex handwarmers

tender33

Veteran
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2020 Sidewinder LTX SE, Blue/ Orange
Do I need to put my Yamahaheater on my new 2011 Apex or are the handwarmers good by themselve? I hear that they are much better now.

They are much better than previous yrs. That being said, if you are running in tight trails on and off the throttle, they still cool down. I would say 80% of my riding they worked fantastic, the other 20% they are warmer than previous yrs., but not warm enough. I'll be installing a Yamaheater in the off season. I would suggest you try them and if you're unhappy, then install a Yamaheater. Takes 30min. tops to put 1 on.

i only have 350 miles on mine but i think they are great and with the better windshield on it i think they will be fine. no yamaheater for me

4500 kms on mine this season and didn't once complain of cold hands. Most of the time well below 1/2 on the guage. But I did install taller windshield in Jan. as I had on my 2006. No comparison, the 2011 is MUCH warmer, problem finally solved at least on my machine. :Rockon:

I found myself turning them down not up. No need to do anything with the 2011s.

As others have said the 2011 work fine, I think I had mine above 1/2 once or twice when it was 5-15 below zero. They get really hot at the highest setting, no need to upgrade unless you have circulation problems.

Back