• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2011 Apex ski labelled "pathetic" by Bergstrom

Team if that is your thought's than i would bet something was wrong. One mistake i have heard of is when people go from the Bergstrom set up they don't take all of the Bergstrom set up out and the result's are bad due to the loading of the rear of the ski with the Bergstrom set up. I will guarantee you the Tracker's will out perform any thing else on the trail as far as wear bar's are concerned. By the way my second choice for bar's would be the Deuce bar's (a happy medium).

Im glad they work for you, they just dont perform good enough for us. I had 8 different sets of skis that I had set up with all different carbides, so there was no mix up of parts. We tested them all on the same weekend so the condition should of been the same. I got no more to say, Bergstrom's work the best for us.

Stick with what works for you. My vote is for the Snowtrackers as they transformed my 2006 ER for the last 3 seasons. The first 2 seasons were challenging to say the least. However with my new SE I will wear out the 3" stock runners and see how I like it. Hopefully Snowtrackers is working on the new skiis.

I have bought ski's, wear bar's etc, to the tune of thousands of dollar's. I have yet to hear of some one dissatisfied with them unless they had something wrong, Just ask Mike Knap one little thing and they go from bad to the best thing going. If you have Bergstroms rubber stopper's or shim's in the Tracker's will not work. As i said they work by keeping the nose of the ski on the ground and address the problem with the rectifier in stead of lifting the front of the ski and screwing up the balance. I guess if you are happy though that is all that matters.

I changed from Bergstroms to Cobraheads with no regrets. I was lucky and got to ride some of the 11's last year. The conditions were as bad as it could get. More ice then snow, meaning there was lot of tracks frozen into the trail. Yamaha had a 10 model to compare to the 11s. The 10 model did a lot of darting, the 11 model had far more stable steering. Just to be sure there was no funny stuff I unloaded my sled and did the part of the test loop. I fell between the 11 and the 10 but I have spent a lot of time setting mine sled up to where I like it. With the amount of changes in the front end I would say the Berstroms jumped the gun on making comments like that.

Teamblue4 said:
We tried snowtracker's and was not pleased at all. We went right back to our Bergstrom's after 150 miles. My wife will not ride with anything other than Bergstrom's and Im telling you I have tried all brands. So for those that say they turn hard I dont buy that, My wife is 5'1" and a 120 lbs and she has no problem driving her Apex. Im not getting into a pissing match here, Bergstrom's work the best for us on groomed Wis. trails. and we try and get 200 miles a day on.

Snowtrackers are way better than Bergstroms. Like someone else posted. You either left the shim in or did the wrong install. No comparison.

Banks93 said:
Teamblue4 said:
We tried snowtracker's and was not pleased at all. We went right back to our Bergstrom's after 150 miles. My wife will not ride with anything other than Bergstrom's and Im telling you I have tried all brands. So for those that say they turn hard I dont buy that, My wife is 5'1" and a 120 lbs and she has no problem driving her Apex. Im not getting into a pissing match here, Bergstrom's work the best for us on groomed Wis. trails. and we try and get 200 miles a day on.

Snowtrackers are way better than Bergstroms. Like someone else posted. You either left the shim in or did the wrong install. No comparison.

I thought about trying them but man they are pricey. I am currently running powder pros but thought I might want to try the snowtrackers on the stock skis till I saw that they are almost $250.

Blue Dave said:
I haven't tried the snowtrackers so I can not comment on them. I have only tried the Bergstrom triple points with ski savers and shims per Scott's recommendation and I am very pleased.

Me too. There are many ways to skin the preverbial cat, and it sounds like both Bergstroms and Snowtrackers both work. Other options work too. I think just shimming rear of Yammi Mtn skis works great also. They have a really long, tall keel. Key is the move the center of the weight towards the rear of the ski.

Teamblue4 said:
Im glad they work for you, they just dont perform good enough for us. I had 8 different sets of skis that I had set up with all different carbides, so there was no mix up of parts. We tested them all on the same weekend so the condition should of been the same. I got no more to say, Bergstrom's work the best for us.
Would you like to sell your Snow Tracker's?

KevinS said:
Banks93 said:
Teamblue4 said:

I thought about trying them but man they are pricey. I am currently running powder pros but thought I might want to try the snowtrackers on the stock skis till I saw that they are almost $250.

You are going to pay more for new skis and carbides than you do for snowtrackers. Well worth the money. :Rockon:

Banks93 said:
KevinS said:
Banks93 said:
Teamblue4 said:

You are going to pay more for new skis and carbides than you do for snowtrackers. Well worth the money. :Rockon:

How long are the snowtrackers lasting, longer than carbides on a set of Kimpex Arrows?
Still deciding, Arrows or Curve ski's?

As i said in an earlier post, I have over 4,000 mi on mine now mostly in central and northern Wisconsin and i think i could get another season out of them.

Back