• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2011 se or std ????

How much air do you guys have in your fox floats. I'm have 80 in front and 165 PSI out back on my 11 SE.

Joshua said:
How much air do you guys have in your fox floats. I'm have 80 in front and 165 PSI out back on my 11 SE.

65 in the fronts and 180 in the back... But I am 250 lbs , If I ran it at 165 I would need back surgery after a few g bumps.

58 lbs front 158 lbs in the Megafloat, 205 lbs me.

5,500 km. Never lost a pound of air.

The floats like to be ridden hard. Ridden hard they work well.

Slower trail speeds I like the Std 11 Apex. or my old GT with Ohlin's and GYTR's better for ride and adjustability options.

Doing it again for my type of riding, I would go with the Standard like Tom.

I guess I will change my front to 65 PSI. I'm around 205 lbs myself but can't image having my back float at 180 lbs. I guess Tom you ride pretty hard. I consider myself an aggressive rider too but I would think 180 would be to hard. None of my shocks has never lost any air but I do notice that the front is higher then the back, not sure if that has something to do with my transfer rod setting (7/8'' transfer) or the fact I have snowtracker in the front.

On a different topic and not to start a huge Sh&t storm but Tom I was expecting something new for 2013. I was thinking a new chassis with the same engine as my apex. Having said that I am VERY pleased with my 11 SE and I feel Yamaha has hit a homerun with this sled. Yamaha keep up the good work.

Now how about a new rhino for 2013 since I'm in the market for a side by side LOL

Joshua said:
I guess I will change my front to 65 PSI. I'm around 205 lbs myself but can't image having my back float at 180 lbs. I guess Tom you ride pretty hard. I consider myself an aggressive rider too but I would think 180 would be to hard. None of my shocks has never lost any air but I do notice that the front is higher then the back, not sure if that has something to do with my transfer rod setting (7/8'' transfer) or the fact I have snowtracker in the front.

On a different topic and not to start a huge Sh&t storm but Tom I was expecting something new for 2013. I was thinking a new chassis with the same engine as my apex. Having said that I am VERY pleased with my 11 SE and I feel Yamaha has hit a homerun with this sled. Yamaha keep up the good work.

Now how about a new rhino for 2013 since I'm in the market for a side by side LOL

If you drop the front pressure down it will handle so much better and you are right.. the EPS Apex is amazing trail sled. As far as the ATV works I wish Yamaha would build an 800 twin but I dont see that in the near future. I wish I had more inside info ... if you can believe this I am the last to know. :o|

Joshua said:

Not to start an atv discusion but i think we will see a 4 seat rhino for 2013 :jump: :-o

done deal got the black 11 apex se for next season great deal great guy to deal with (paul) . now what ???? carbides , studs , hyfax , extra tunnel protectors. thinking 2-3-2-3 pattern (120 on 121 track) dupont sliders, tuner skis

Wouldn't mess with the sliders? I think they are pretty decent on the shorties. Tuner skis will work well, I might even try something a little more aggressive (C and As), the studding thing will need to be figured out, you have a lot or reading to do on hear and it sounds like there are a lot of options as well.

Opt for the Tuner skis with aggressive carbides. No more darting like I have with my C&As.

Why not swap out the track for a pre-studded Ice Ripper or Ice Attack? You'll have the added safety of traction and braking, plus no worries of a stud pullout or punctured heat exchanger.

Congrats !!!!!

My set up & recommendations ;

Sno tracker's with 6 " carbides on the 2011 ski's.[ DO NOT GET THE 7.5 ". they can be dangerous on a 2011 ski.]

102 Woody's 1.325 Megabytes up the middle for up to semi aggressive trail riding. More if you are aggressive. Stay in the middle unless you drag race on ice or very hard pack and winning there is really important to you

Raise Limiter one hole.

Transfer rod 7/8 of full.

65lbs ish up front in the Floats to start. Go down from there until you get the handling and ride you want up front . I run 58 lbs up front.

Megafloat depends on your weight and trail conditions. I run 158 lbs with me weighing 205 lbs on moderate to good groomed trails and bottomed 3 times this year.

You will not need extra tunnel protection in my experience with Woody's 1.325's. [5,700 km and no stud scratches underneath.]

More length than that you will likely need to modify it some. There is a thread here and Yammy put out a memo on it as well.

I have 5,700 km not all in perfect conditions and my original Hyfax is still very good. No plans to change it though I do keep a spare set of Dupont's in the shop.

My Sno Trackers still have lots of wear left as well. Picked up a spare set for next year this week just to have in inventory.

I'm guessing the Tuner ski's will be slow up top like Deuce bars. We tried em on a 08 Nytro last weekend and they are awesome for handling and darting but no better than my stockers with Sno-Trackers.

I heat soak my new Yammie rides 3 times over 3 days at the dealership before they move and then put on an old belt and run em hard for the first 25 + miles . Different people break them in differently. My method has worked very well as far as power and oil consumption goes. BTW, I think my sled finished the break in 2 weeks ago at about 5,300 km. [Takes a long time on a 4 stroke with synthetic oil.]

Pick your races. Not deep snow. Over 660' on reasonably hard pack you should have no problem with anyone elses 800 if they are stock. Factory clutching is pretty darn good.

:yam:

new rob said:
done deal got the black 11 apex se for next season great deal great guy to deal with (paul) . now what ???? carbides , studs , hyfax , extra tunnel protectors. thinking 2-3-2-3 pattern (120 on 121 track) dupont sliders, tuner skis

Congrats New Rob.

Just out of curiousity, did you happen to check out Asselstine's for a price comparison?

Not that I am in the market for a new sled, I am just curious how they compare with other dealers prices?

Number of studs

new rob said:

Your new Apex has a 128" track,not a 121. It has 51 rows not 48. I run a 3-2-2 pattern repeated 17 times (51 divided by 3) for a total of 119. If you run 2-3-2-3 you will have to repeat either the 2 or the 3 on the 51st and final row for a total of either 127 or 128.

great advice riceburner dont know much about tuner skis pauls tried them likes them semi snowtrackers seem to be the fav on the site price is close on both ($50 more tuner) ran 120 mega bites 2 years ago up to 144 this year for traction and i think i may have lost some top end ? (no gps runs this year) so pattern for 2 years might be the way for me to go no real difference in cornering. as for break in sled has 160 km on it paul used it on his demo day any suggestion from this point would be great those first 160 km probably weren't very aggressive

hey irv didn't try asseltines been in the store a few times seem like good guys also been to dougs in caslteton nice guy (yamaheaters) been dealing with mcgregors for years .

Back