• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2011 sled industry info........

Good point Roz ~ does that mean they wrote them off on previous years and now there pure profit? I knew the A/C rep in the area 2 years ago and he also bragged about sled sales. They laid him off!

like the arcticle said,if yamaha dropped production to clear last year,it doesnt leave many sleds to sell this year with no non current available,resulting in people looking elsewhere cuz there arent any sleds available, also not helping with market share

Hard to believe that Polaris is ahead of Yamaha....Didnt think they would survive the Rush technology!

Sort of like the auto industry, North American manufacturers made cars that they couldn't sell so they stock-piled them in empty lots and then gave them away with incentives. The Japanese run lean and only make what they think will sell so hopefully these numbers are deceiving and Yamaha is healthier even though sales don't reflect it.

I would also say Yamaha profit margin is better than AC and Polaris. They are selling less sleds and making more money.

I would say if they think this strategy is going to work in the snowmobile industry year after year they are sadly mistaken.

Another reason Yamaha sales may not be keeping up is because of guys like me who use to flip thier sleds after two years are now keeping them longer because of Yamaha's quality/longevity and thier resale value does not tank on them the closer you get to 5,000 miles.

Not buying that Yamaha is #4 and losing share. I see way more Yamahas on the trail than I have in years past. Even the county sheriff's department is riding Apexes ;)!

Roz said:
Another reason Yamaha sales may not be keeping up is because of guys like me who use to flip thier sleds after two years are now keeping them longer because of Yamaha's quality/longevity and thier resale value does not tank on them the closer you get to 5,000 miles.
That another good point as they last much longer!

Only lost share because they didn't over produce, therefore not as many sleds to sell.
Anybody can build a ton of sleds and cram them to their dealers, hence some dealers still have '07's!
Yamaha's motto is build less but make more per machine rather then give steep dicounts to move sleds.

Eagle1 said:
Only lost share because they didn't over produce, therefore not as many sleds to sell.
Anybody can build a ton of sleds and cram them to their dealers, hence some dealers still have '07's!
Yamaha's motto is build less but make more per machine rather then give steep dicounts to move sleds.

So who pays for that ? ? The consumer with higher prices. Flip side is your sled after 3 years is still worth something because a new one is still sky high and your dealer doesnt have new in the ctate 3 year old sleds that kill your value of your 3 year old used sled.

Yamaha sled prices are out of control!!! I'll keep riding only Yamaha but will be only buying used sleds, paying over $12,000 for a vehicle that I ride at most 20 days is NUTS!! I bought a new Hayabusa bike for $10000 and can ride it for over 100 days a year.

Back