• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2011 Yamaha release poll

Are you disappointed or impressed with the 2011 Yamaha release?

• Disappointed

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Impressed

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
The new Yamaha Apex looks like a great replacement for my RX Warrior. Power steering is the biggest feature but stronger middle tad more on top and 144 inch track all add to the attraction.

They made a lot of changes to the sled, but the nicest thing is what they did not change. Its still an Apex.

buddah2 said:
Cobalt said:
....I do think the price on the 2011 is a little insane!

As I posted in another thread......2010 R1 LE bike MSRP = $14,500. Why is the sled price that out of line?

No comparison the R1 is by far the better value in all aspects. HP, WEIGHT AND TECHNOLOGY

It's sounds like to me that Yamaha needs to put a track and ski's on there R1 to satisfy the speed junkies on here :Rockon: that would be cool ;)!

Could someone "photo shop that" :bling

buddah2 said:
Cobalt said:

As I posted in another thread......2010 R1 LE bike MSRP = $14,500. Why is the sled price that out of line?

YZF-R1 LE sports Rossi's livery just like his YZR-M1 MotoGP bike, but comes in very limited numbers.
MSRP $14,500*

2009 YZF-R1 $12,500
2010 YZF-R1 $13,200

If the sled only went $700 then it would be in line. :o|

Not trying to change the subject but, the 2010 R1 LE is just a paint job, it's the same as a standard R1 except paint. The 06 LE was a true LE with many performance differences. So that is a disappointment 1,000 extra for a different paint job???? But, back to sleds.
I am happy with the new lineup overall...and will get one next year. What I am disappointed about is, the new Apex should have been produced 3 years ago and some of the upgrades should have been out in 2007 ie handwarmers that work. But, i'll take it now.

touched said:
buddah2 said:
Cobalt said:

YZF-R1 LE sports Rossi's livery just like his YZR-M1 MotoGP bike, but comes in very limited numbers.
MSRP $14,500*

2009 YZF-R1 $12,500
2010 YZF-R1 $13,200

If the sled only went $700 then it would be in line. :o|

Looks like this poll shows the new Apex is generally well accepted. When you factor in that anyone who wanted something other than a high mileage cruiser got nothing from Yamaha this year. Honestly the graphics on the Vector went in the wrong direction for 2011. IMHO

I don't know, just came back from 1000 miles on the Apex LTX GT, and what i would most want from a new apex is:
1- less inside ski lift, lower center of gravity
2- More effecient suspension: if soft, you loose handling..
3- More power and better ski geometry is good, but not that bad with a few minor mods on my stock sled..

so 2011 is disapointing...

But i guess if fox floats help, and a better wind protection with warmer hands,

I just don't know if i will dish out that amount of cash for a sled that basically is the same evolution of a 2006...

in 2011..

:moon:

apltx08 said:
Rash said:
what i would most want from a new apex is:
1- less inside ski lift, lower center of gravity
2- More effecient suspension: if soft, you loose handling..

Give this guy a call and he'll take care of all your HANDLING issues ;)!

He's in in your back yard! the best in the BIZ...
http://www.starsuspensions.com/

Been there, done that...

the problem, is the girlfreind has a Vector with the star suspension downsize and corners like crazy, so when i realize i can't out run her in the winding roads, i realize i have a problem..

Oh, and i have a 13 mm sway bar as well, but the vector still is so much easier to turn flat ...

So...

that's where i'm coming from..

:exc:

The Vector LTX and the Apex LTX both have the star suspension mods..

it's just the Stock Vector stays flatter in the curbs than the Moded Apex...

i wish i could squeeze 160 hp out of a Vector LTX GT....

NOW THAT WOULD BE NEWS..

:die

Proof is in the puding...

Notice, both snowmobiles have that "star suspension" lowered stance...

but guess wich one is the fastest in the twisties???...

Rash said:
Proof is in the puding...

Notice, both snowmobiles have that "star suspension" lowered stance...

but guess wich one is the fastest in the twisties???...

Something is not right! I don't want to HYJACK this post but PM me with your set-up and weight and I can try to help you to make adjusments ;)!

Back