• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2012 Apex MCX Project

My favorite part of the whole sled is the odo with 9 miles on it! You have one nice mod sled what will run years and years for you. Wish I could afford to do it right like that. Looks great, good job with the install.

Hi guys...it certainly looks sweet. I have the same sled 2012 XTX black and have the kit sitting in my shop ready to install. I'm going to sell the kit and my 2012. My arm with 20 screws and 2 pins and plates has taken a turn for the worse and unable to ride. So I'll mention it here but I wish I didn't have to sell. MCX 290 kit not even opened $6300 cdn no gst or pst. You pay shipping. Grey hound bus is pretty cheap ($40). Wpg. Thanks

Did another detail thing tonight - added a bag to cover my gauges - I will be removing the A/F gauge when my wideband commander comes in - it will display on my power commander screen that can be coverd with riser cover. Can you tell I'm excited about this sled?!?!?!

Attachments

• bag [1024x768].JPG
    bag [1024x768].JPG
    105.2 KB · Views: 96
  • bag3 [1024x768].JPG
    bag3 [1024x768].JPG
    105.4 KB · Views: 105
  • bag2 [1024x768].JPG
    bag2 [1024x768].JPG
    111.7 KB · Views: 90
machzrobbie said:
sherlock29 said:
So i need to ask the obvious question... WHat was the total cost fo the kit installed.... I'd have to seel one of the apex's but i want one sooooo bad...

The kit is 6899 list, plus shipping plus tax - then whatever someone charges to put it in. Then extovert drivers, heads studs clutching and gears. O2 sesnor, boost gauge and temp gauge.

Hello
What kind boost gauge do you use. I've just done this installation in my 2011 Apex XTX, but I haven't bought any boost gauge yet. What kind is recommended?

Another question
Did you let your TCV stay at the hose behind the wastegate?. I'm a little afraid that it will be much snow in that area, and if the TCV freeze, it's possible to get problems with overboosting ?

Stigapex said:
machzrobbie said:
sherlock29 said:
So i need to ask the obvious question... WHat was the total cost fo the kit installed.... I'd have to seel one of the apex's but i want one sooooo bad...

The kit is 6899 list, plus shipping plus tax - then whatever someone charges to put it in. Then extovert drivers, heads studs clutching and gears. O2 sesnor, boost gauge and temp gauge.

Hello
What kind boost gauge do you use. I've just done this installation in my 2011 Apex XTX, but I haven't bought any boost gauge yet. What kind is recommended?

Another question
Did you let your TCV stay at the hose behind the wastegate?. I'm a little afraid that it will be much snow in that area, and if the TCV freeze, it's possible to get problems with overboosting ?

I bought a cyberdyne from egauges.com - I love the gauge - but it flashes constantly - not supposed to - but it does. It is very bright and clear - the flashing doesn't bother me but it might some. dynojet makes a very nice on but its pricey.

I did not use the TCV as it is made for compensating when changing elevation - not something I will do. Anything in line has the potential to freeze and spike your boost - best thing to do it you want a set and go situtation is set the rod and have a straight hose

I have not rode the 290 yet , still no snow here , but last year the 200 had zero lag and ran perfect!

No tcv either, no altitude change here , just a manual boost control to lower boost when travelling if we get regular gas !

I use the Autometer digital boost pn # 6559 gauge, awesome !

Back