• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2012 Nypex?

MCApex44 said:
X2...My nytro turns just fine. IMO, when it comes to complaints about handling/cornering on the the Fx Nytro there are two things to consider...you guys either dont have it set-up right or you are not riding it right.

I owned one so i can say this "it sucks in the corner's. I'm a different rider on an apex or a vector. the Nytro is good for one thing BUMPS and ditch banging.

I rode just about evry sled out there and i agree with dirk nytro does not turn. And yes i know how to ride a sled. The only thing it does good is ditch bang. I would never buy one for trail riding!!! ;):D

:die :dead:
This thread's getting old now...I've got to agree Nytros dont turn well and are not for groomed trail. I dont care how much aftermarket parts and time you spend dialing them in you wont get it to handle groomed trails like an Apex or even better the old 2-smoker designs.
I love my Nytro in the bumps and coming home at the end of the day when the trail is tore up because that's when the sled shines. I've also learned to ride differently then I use to. They are point and shoot sleds IMO.
If Yami would just make the Nytro a little more solid in the front end with about 15 more HP and better turning ability it would be great for me...But would of Could of? It just isn't going to happen.

"Listen up I've been a member of this site since the beginning. Im an orgial member of totallyamaha. Back when the message board was a ruuning list of posts. Come back and talk to me mr 50 posts when you've got 1500 plus posts and 12 years on the site Like me.

I've owned 14 yamahas since 1998. I currently have a 3 yamahas. I love yamaha and I want to ride a yamaha. However they arnt giving me an option any more.

So don't tell me about posting xyz."
1500 plus posts, half of which are rude and degrading and offer little to no useful info. A real asset to this site for sure.

rydblue said:
"Listen up I've been a member of this site since the beginning. Im an orgial member of totallyamaha. Back when the message board was a ruuning list of posts. Come back and talk to me mr 50 posts when you've got 1500 plus posts and 12 years on the site Like me.

I've owned 14 yamahas since 1998. I currently have a 3 yamahas. I love yamaha and I want to ride a yamaha. However they arnt giving me an option any more.

So don't tell me about posting xyz."

1500 plus posts, half of which are rude and degrading and offer little to no useful info. A real asset to this site for sure.

If you use the quote button on the right of the poster's text box you don't need to put things in " "

dirkdiggler said:
09nytro said:
My nytro turns just fine

I spent 3 years trying to make my nytro corner well. I spent one weekend on my wife's vector this winter because she refuses to let anyone ride her sled. My brother road my nytro. That was the most fun I had riding in 3 years. My brother asked me how I've road the Nytro for three years. We are both big guys so ya we can muscle the sled but It's just not fun. I could never carry the speed in the corners on the nytro I can carry on my apex or her vector.
I spent one and it work great "FOR ME" my buddy got one and he wants me to get his to work like mine does . But thats all i have been riding for years is snowcross sleds so this one didn't take much to get the way i like them

09nytro said:
dirkdiggler said:
09nytro said:
My nytro turns just fine

I spent 3 years trying to make my nytro corner well. I spent one weekend on my wife's vector this winter because she refuses to let anyone ride her sled. My brother road my nytro. That was the most fun I had riding in 3 years. My brother asked me how I've road the Nytro for three years. We are both big guys so ya we can muscle the sled but It's just not fun. I could never carry the speed in the corners on the nytro I can carry on my apex or her vector.
I spent one and it work great "FOR ME" my buddy got one and he wants me to get his to work like mine does . But thats all i have been riding for years is snowcross sleds so this one didn't take much to get the way i like them
Same here with the snow-x sleds, then i bought a trail sled and kick myself for all the years i wasted on a race sled. Altough, a lot of those years, i would've broke anything else.

billymx815 said:
This thread's getting old now...I've got to agree Nytros dont turn well and are not for groomed trail. I dont care how much aftermarket parts and time you spend dialing them in you wont get it to handle groomed trails .

I'm not sure why you guys have a tough time making our Nytros handle. I spent $260 on a set of C&A's and $40 to get the upper ball joints modded.. the rest was free...floats are at 50 psi and the toe is adjusted to 1/4 out i believe....and my 08 handles groomed trails as good as any sled I have owned. I came off of an F7..it took me 3 years to get it right....I thought i would have the worst time trying to get used to the Nytro..took me one season aswell...while it does take a bit of body english...on a groomed trail this sled is a dream.

I don't get it either. A set of Curves, some heavier springs in the skid, and a couple weeks of getting the suspension tweaked right and this sled rails. Not as light as a Doo, but not squirley either, and now that I've got 1300 miles on it - I gotta say I love it. It'll be around for another year, and not because it has to be.

I dont understand why some of you cant get your Nytro to turn mine trail rides thru the corners likes its on a rail. Best cornering sled I have ever owned. In fact at our local dealers demo days I told the Yamaha rep that if they would only put a Apex motor in the Nytro chassis they would have a AWESOME sled and he just smiled.

dirkdiggler said:
MCApex44 said:
X2...My nytro turns just fine. IMO, when it comes to complaints about handling/cornering on the the Fx Nytro there are two things to consider...you guys either dont have it set-up right or you are not riding it right.

I owned one so i can say this "it sucks in the corner's. I'm a different rider on an apex or a vector. the Nytro is good for one thing BUMPS and ditch banging.

Dirk, I have both the apex and a nytro xtx, and the xtx properly set up will run circles around the apex when woods banging. I would be willing to bet $100 on it. The xtx will require more body english, but will stick to the corners where the apex will not. The nytro took a little time to set up but will reward you with great striaght line handling, jams through the big moguls way better, better milage, and damn near as fast with exhaust. I have a choice to ride one or the other, and I always go with the xtx, funnest sled I have ever owned.

shaddow44 said:
billymx815 said:
This thread's getting old now...I've got to agree Nytros dont turn well and are not for groomed trail. I dont care how much aftermarket parts and time you spend dialing them in you wont get it to handle groomed trails .

I'm not sure why you guys have a tough time making our Nytros handle. I spent $260 on a set of C&A's and $40 to get the upper ball joints modded.. the rest was free...floats are at 50 psi and the toe is adjusted to 1/4 out i believe....and my 08 handles groomed trails as good as any sled I have owned. I came off of an F7..it took me 3 years to get it right....I thought i would have the worst time trying to get used to the Nytro..took me one season aswell...while it does take a bit of body english...on a groomed trail this sled is a dream.

Shadow - do the C&A's make that much difference? I don't ride back country (powder) I'm all groomed trails so would you recommend them for that?

Back