• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2012 Nypex?

I wonder what would happen if I went over to arcticchat and started telling everyone how great my Yamaha is and how fast it is and how outdated Arctic Cat is. I wonder if anyone would care. I belong to a Yamaha forum because I'm interested in Yamaha and couldn't care less about other brands. I have to laugh at all the people that come over here and preach about how great brand X and Y are but then get all revved up when the Yamaha guys jump on their case. It's so classic.

So, let me get this straight. This new Arctic Cat model that nobody has ridden or even seen is better than anything Yamaha has to offer.

You guys have it all wrong. Its gonna be a Vector with the Nytro motor.................

Imo...Yamaha needs a new chassis. So did cat. Cat has done something about it. Yamaha has not. Looks like cat has used some r&d and tech from the sno pro chassis, ie. spindles/ front suspension. I am still waiting to see someone stuff a nytro motor into cat's sno pro chassis. I'd pay 15k for that! Yamaha still makes some awesome sleds. Unfortunately for me neither the fx chassis or the deltabox really suit my riding style. I still enjoy riding them, but will hold out hope that something new will be along before too long.

rydblue said:
I wonder what would happen if I went over to arcticchat and started telling everyone how great my Yamaha is and how fast it is and how outdated Arctic Cat is. I wonder if anyone would care. I belong to a Yamaha forum because I'm interested in Yamaha and couldn't care less about other brands. I have to laugh at all the people that come over here and preach about how great brand X and Y are but then get all revved up when the Yamaha guys jump on their case. It's so classic.

Listen up I've been a member of this site since the beginning. Im an orgial member of totallyamaha. Back when the message board was a ruuning list of posts. Come back and talk to me mr 50 posts when you've got 1500 plus posts and 12 years on the site Like me.

I've owned 14 yamahas since 1998. I currently have a 3 yamahas. I love yamaha and I want to ride a yamaha. However they arnt giving me an option any more.

So don't tell me about posting xyz.

dirkdiggler said:
09nytro said:
dirkdiggler said:
they better have something up there sleeve. this is bad azz!!!
Whats so bad #*$&@ about that

That's a turbo four stroke in a rev chassis basically. I know it's 75 pounds lighter then this years. Tell me you wouldn't want a apex motor kicked back and lowered in the chassis with 75 pounds dropped off it.

How do you know this...when NO details have been released about the sled :drink:

I thought I read that the Z1 Turbo is over 700lbs. The 06-10 Apex was around 575lbs.

I think this Nypex is an awesome idea, best motor ever made with a better chassis. It would make an amazing power to weight ratio if the 150FI motor is really only 10lbs heavier than the 130FI. However it's not going to help bring sales up until Yamaha truly redesigns the front end of the Nytro so it actually turns. They need to keep the rest of the chassis though, as it is the absolute best out there otherwise IMO.

Mine turns fine for me, but you should know that it's not the case for everyone. Most people don't like buying aftermarket skis and adjusting the suspension to make it handle good.

I liked the output of my apex but I'm not sure I would want that motor in my Nytro. The sled certainly has its issues, front end, rear end, chassis, etc. If it wasn't for the motor I can't say I would do it again, honestly if Cat puts a 120+ HP in a sno-pro like chassis, it will be hard to beat. At least for what I do, the weight of the nytro, be it from the sled or the snow build-up, or maybe just a lack of durrable parts, whatever it is, it's taking its toll. Cracked suspension and chassis parts are starting to add up, I realize they all break, but I've got an apples to apples comparison, with a first year F at that. It gets harder and harder to ignore the obvious. Again, this is for my ridding style. Yamaha will be playing catch-up from hear on out.

09nytro said:
My nytro turns just fine

I spent 3 years trying to make my nytro corner well. I spent one weekend on my wife's vector this winter because she refuses to let anyone ride her sled. My brother road my nytro. That was the most fun I had riding in 3 years. My brother asked me how I've road the Nytro for three years. We are both big guys so ya we can muscle the sled but It's just not fun. I could never carry the speed in the corners on the nytro I can carry on my apex or her vector.

X2...My nytro turns just fine. IMO, when it comes to complaints about handling/cornering on the the Fx Nytro there are two things to consider...you guys either dont have it set-up right or you are not riding it right.

Back