• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2012 Nypex?

jaydaniels said:
Maybe this is what everyone is talking about.

http://www.diamond-smfg.com/Nypex.html

Nope, There has been a few guys putting the apex motor in the nytro chassis as well as the nytro in the phazer. I'm talking about a production model released from Yamaha shortly after Arctic Cats release on March 8th. Remeber guys the nytro x-tx was a late release.... ;)! :yam: :4STroke:

In power to weight that would seem like a great idea but im not sure alot of ppl enjoy the handling of the nytro, no disrespect to fellow owners but over the years it seems like yamaha caters more to the trail riding crew. If it is true maybe a new high powered beast for the mtns. Im sure nytro mtn owners would be please with an extra 20hp or so under the hood

This is too funny and I feel bad fueling the fire, but will anything but a new chassis really solve anything? You would still have an ill handling snowmobile that needs umpteen updates. I mean there are SO many nitpicky things I don't know if more HP would make that big of a difference. Now if they could put an apex motor into the Phazer I would be interested.

Then again who am I kidding. Give me 170 HP in the Nytro or Apex chassis and I would think it was awesome. And even an Apex motor in the Nytro...name a box stock sled that "Nypex" couldn't run with in 1000' the way it transfers weight...

I honestly don't know why you guys are doing this to yourself again...I mean can you all take this twice in two weeks....I am going to need to pull a Charlie Sheen to put up with this disappointment...AGAIN! :drink: :drink: :drink:

spike337 said:
So everybody would jump on one? Because it has a different models engine in it? Crap skid, skis, heavy, etc are what YOU GUYS are complaining about, but if they swap motors, life is good?

exactly what i was thinking. They need a total chassis redesign not through a bigger motor in another chassis, big deal. All this does is weigh down the nytro even more.

I did read somewhere that Yamaha was going to release the new sled(s) to their dealers on Monday on "Your next sled" web site . Than the dealers would release to their customers. so lets hope there is more!
.....Don't kid yourself YAMAHA is not going away!

They are ahead of eveybody else , they just have a habbit if letting them catch up.

Well I gotta say...that Nypex on the website looks pretty damn hot for us guys out west!

Finally wouldnt have to keep hearing all the "Yama-Tank" and "A-PIG" jokes anymore after blowing their doors off with my light weight Turbo boosted sled!

That, my friends, would be a friggen blast!

:die

Apex motor in the FX Nytro chassis? Don't think it really makes sense!!

But put a 10,000 rpm 2-cyl, 1200cc, 4-stroke light weight engine into a FX Nytro style chassis and redesign the skid, and you have a winner. Hopefully ;)!

It does if u plan to boost it. With Apex engine it'll go way easier over 300 hp than Nytro engine. ;)!

Yes, but you get added weight, and do you really want it in the Nytro chassis. Why not just stick to the Apex chassis and boost it there.

If you want a light weight and nimble sled, a heavier engine is not what you want...

birkebeiner said:
Apex motor in the FX Nytro chassis? Don't think it really makes sense!!

But put a 10,000 rpm 2-cyl, 1200cc, 4-stroke light weight engine into a FX Nytro style chassis and redesign the skid, and you have a winner. Hopefully ;)!
Why does the skid need to be redesigned? It's fully adjustable, good in the bumps, and allows for good handling on the trails with lots of floatation off trail.

scott32 said:
The leak is out that there is more to come after Cats release. I strongly believe it will be the Apex motor in the Nytro chassis. There are no SE models for the flat landers or in the mountain section. If you look at the new design seat( to fit the EXUP ) for the nytros and addition of 8 tooth drivers to support the extra HP. Yamaha has done motor chassis swaps year after year. Accually, for as long as they have produced sleds. look back at the previous years models and progression. Same chassis and different motor through the ages. This is my best guess, but Sno west has confirmed, it ain't over yet. I hope you all have your doo's spring checked by this release date too, Bob Downer, Nay SAyers. ;)! Scott[

Where exactly did Sno-West confirm this? I'm curious to read the article.

What is it with all the premature April Fool's jokes?

I call :crap: on this one.

All new chassis and motor that is lighter weight is what we need! Better power to weight ratio!
Really its been a while with this RX-Apex Delta chassis, lets update and go forward with this sled design business and get back in the game!!!

Thats what i'm look'n for!!!

Have well over 20,000 miles on the RXs, Attaks & Apex LTXs, but its time!!!

:drink:

:yam: PROVE IT!

BR

Back