• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2012 Vector Speedo not working

egoy936

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2012 Vector rs
Hi,

I have a 2012 vector rs with 3,000 miles and the speedo does not work. I have replaced the speed sensor with an OEM yahama speed sensor still speedo does not work. I have tested continuity between the engine computer and speed sensor harness, this checks out. Anyone ideas what to check next? I am thinking either cluster or ECU is bad.

My sled is throwing the following codes 42, 81, 84

Any help would be appreciated

are all the wires seated fully in the plugs? seen others have that issue.

Very unlikely the ecu or dash is bad.
I would check the connectors throughout the harness with the color of wires related to your sensors.

Very unlikely the ecu or dash is bad.
I would check the connectors throughout the harness with the color of wires related to your sensors.

Yes I did! I did a continuity where I put one probe on the ECU side and another on the speed sensor side, all 3 wires had continuity

If the bearing is good. Sorry just had to say it. Maybe you got a second bad sensor.
The codes all indicate bad sensor. Click the throttle a bit to break the TORS loose then I would do another sensor.

The Black/Blue doesn't go to the ecu. It is usually the culprit. Up above the secondary clutch along the frame there is a connector that brings multiple Black/Blues together. Find it and open it up to inspect.

Back