• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2012 Vector Code Issues

Dara

Expert
A while ago some of you may remember my post about codes flashing and moisture in my guage cluster.

We are still on this. It is an intermittent problem but is now really affecting my ability to ride this thing.

The TORS keeps kicking in and shutting me down.
Once I pretty much stop I can get going again but when I let completely off of the throttle it generally quits.
Speedo stops working and goes to zero and codes 42 and 84 flash along with EPS signal.
There is nothing wrong with the TORS or speedo. Codes are random

I have had the cluster dried out and basic checks done at the dealer (thats another story) and nothing is wrong.

I went out again Saturday and got half a mile before it acted up again.

I went to another dealer on the way home and he suggested that it might be low voltage on the battery.

I went home and checked it with a voltmeter.
I had 12.4 v on the battery with the sled shut off.
When running the codes were still flashing
I charged it to 13.6 v and started it and the codes were gone.

Next morning I checked voltage again and it was down to 12.8v

I decided not to take it out because i didn't want to get stuck out there.

Voltage when running is at 14.2

Could I have a bad battery or what.

Now the dealer issue.

My dealer for whatever reason is not a Yammie dealer anymore. This is a local guy I have been buying from for years.
The guy that suggested the voltage thing is in another country so really can't do much with a Canadian warranty issue.

My next dealer is an hour and a half away. I have been there twice and its a pain getting off work to take a 3 hour trip to get a brand new sled worked on and then go back and pick it up.
Yamaha didn't even tell me they were tossing my old dealer.

Anyway...anybody got ideas about this...I have lost 4 days of riding on what are finally decent trails

code 42 is your speed sensor. check your drive shaft bearing. if its shot it usually chews up the speed sensor. we had this problem with one of our vectors, the bolts of the speed sensor came loose and it chewed up the speed sensor and would show 0 on the spedo, and sometimes not allow the sled to drive. speed sensor is located on left side under the secondary.

Thanks smalltown but there is nothing wrong with anything like that.
Its shorting in the guage cluster because of wet or a low voltage issue or something like that.

It started a month ago and was intermittent and is getting worse all the time

Back