• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2012 Vector when cold starts and dies immediately.

RDCrazy

Veteran
Country
USA
Snowmobile
Nytro xtx
When sitting for a while I attempt to start it by just turning the key on and wait until it goes through all the pre start checks. Then attempt to start it and it fires then dies. It does this about 3 times before starting and stay running. Is this normal or is there a issue with sled. No codes. Any help with this is greatly appreciated.Thanks

When sitting for a while I attempt to start it by just turning the key on and wait until it goes through all the pre start checks. Then attempt to start it and it fires then dies. It does this about 3 times before starting and stay running. Is this normal or is there a issue with sled. No codes. Any help with this is greatly appreciated.Thanks
Pre start checks?

I would assume he is referring to the gauge pod tach cycling, fuel pumps pressurizing and things like that that occur when you turn the key but do not turn it all the way to start it.

When's the last time you put spark plugs in it?

It's not normal. The sled should start and run just like you car. How does it run after warm up? Any bogging or hesitation?

My Nytro would often do this, but usually only stall once.

It has original plugs in it, only has 1800 miles on it? I just purchased it and have not ran it. I was wondering if possibly old gas would do this. It sat all summer and has old gas in it from last winter possibly. Thanks

new set of plugs would not hurt it. sounding like they could be fouled.

Not knowing the history of how it’s been run I could agree with maybe throwing some plugs at it but I would want to see some fresh fuel in it too

I have a 2011 Vector. I bought it used with 1300 miles and it would do the same thing. Thinking it was bad/old gas I siphoned out as much as I could and added premium non ethanol gas for the next few tanks with no improvement. So before attempting any repairs I added a full can of Seafoam to the next 3 tank fulls of fuel. After the first tank there was a noticeable improvement and by the third tank of fuel it would start first time every time including some below zero starts which would never occur prior to the Seafoam. Not sure sure what all got cleaned in the process but whatever it was it starts like a champ now. Seafoam makes a few different products but the one I used came in a 16 oz bottle that you can pour into your gas tank. It worked for me, maybe it would do the trick for you too?

If it's really cold, like 0°F or lower, I've had all 3 of my FI sleds (09 Apex, 10 Vector, 15 Vector) start and shut off, and each time OP LOW has flashed on the screen.

That said, one reason this happens is the oil is thick and doesn't flow quickly enough and the ECM thinks uh oh, no oil, shut down.

This has happened once on the 15 after sitting all summer too.

Unless it does it every single time, I wouldn't be too concerned, and watch for any codes/message on the screen at startup for a reason why.

Back