• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2012 xtx track upgrade

jamieren

Pro
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2012 Nytro XTX
2010 Nytro MTX
The title is a bit weak, I've already got a 2" takeoff track from an 09 RMK, but I've read conflicting reports about fit. According to the measuring tape I stretched in front of the existing 1.25" ripsaw I figured there's about 2.5" of space if I take out the protectors ( I know they need to be cut off the cooler). I'd like to leave the rest alone and just swap the track which will be a big undertaking for a rookie like me. What can you guys tell me?

The title is a bit weak, I've already got a 2" takeoff track from an 09 RMK, but I've read conflicting reports about fit. According to the measuring tape I stretched in front of the existing 1.25" ripsaw I figured there's about 2.5" of space if I take out the protectors ( I know they need to be cut off the cooler). I'd like to leave the rest alone and just swap the track which will be a big undertaking for a rookie like me. What can you guys tell me?

Pull off the protectors and it will fit. Only place of concern to me would be at the EPS valve but I don't think it would hit.

What and where is the eps valve?

Its not he EPS Valve its the EPV System under the seat, it the Electronic Exhaust Power Valve... sorry, EPS is Electronic Power Steering.. TYPO :(.

Dude, this is not the apex section. No such valve on a nytro.

Just installed a 2" Challenger track with all protectors out. Tightened track a little tighter than spec as per advice from a Dealers Service Manger as track will still deflect a bit on drivers (use Extravert Drivers). Can fit whole hand between heat exchanger and track. Also suggest putting on Dupont Sliders as wear will be greater. Found 1.75" track wore the sliders out each year.

Back