• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2013 xtx track options

Yea I put the star kit on this sled 7 years ago (friend of mine, also why I got a good deal on the sled) looks like the cross shaft the shock bolts to on the bottom came loose and is probly why the shock broke on it... gotta take a closer look at it tonight but might have to order a new cross shaft. Also need to order a repair kit for the star kit. Has wear on the limiter strap shaft. Probly should have the rear shock rebuilt too. I forgot how the list can get long quick... I really want to PC the tunnel black too.... gah I need to stop

Yea I put the star kit on this sled 7 years ago (friend of mine, also why I got a good deal on the sled) looks like the cross shaft the shock bolts to on the bottom came loose and is probly why the shock broke on it... gotta take a closer look at it tonight but might have to order a new cross shaft. Also need to order a repair kit for the star kit. Has wear on the limiter strap shaft. Probly should have the rear shock rebuilt too. I forgot how the list can get long quick... I really want to PC the tunnel black too.... gah I need to stop
I have had the star kit for over 20000 miles. when I first got it, my straps broke and rear shock flipped and broke. I used an xlt shock and revalved it and modified adding 1/2" and reinforced the pull rods. I sent the front shock to them and had it rebuilt and shimmed to shorten it and run no straps. I love it uncoupled with the extra travel, I can lift the skis at will. I can stop at a washout and more or less hop it without touching.
I didn't read what your shock issue is.

The front shock shaft is broken. I’m assuming with the bolt out of the lower cross shaft the shock got cocked and broke at some point

as I stated, if you get a used one and send it to them for revalve, I suggest you have them shorten it and toss the limiters. actually they have a ton of parts shocks etc. I would call them first.

Out with the old and in with the new...

Attachments

• A1319C84-205F-4D07-8416-654F515FEBA3.jpeg
    A1319C84-205F-4D07-8416-654F515FEBA3.jpeg
    111.5 KB · Views: 132
  • 01717192-A6A7-4E0B-9E6D-254210281EEE.jpeg
    01717192-A6A7-4E0B-9E6D-254210281EEE.jpeg
    118.3 KB · Views: 136
It's not an issue, as his sled uses the 144" And the worst reviews of this track, were coming from the guys that owned the single ply 146" version. That's the only point I was making. But yes, the 2.52 pitch 144" is 2-ply as per Camso spec and recommendation from Tracks USA.

As you said, it only is an issue if you decided to stud a pre-studded track. Which you would not do.

I’m assuming I can take out the tunnel protectors right.... thinking of removing them and adding a block off plate to reduce icing

yes, you have to cut them off the exchanger. I never blocked off, was worried about heat. ice problem mostly gone with no protectors to hold ice

I’ll leave them on the front exchanger but take out of the tunnel. Looks like i have enough clearance to leave them in up front. Gonna be a long wait for snow this year lol...

I dont think there is room up front and if you leave them the will be sharp edge facing the track. I figure it cools better without them anyway

I’ll have a peek again but I already have the track in and chaincase back together, I hate going backwards...

I had forgotten that they quit using gytr. mine have 25000, not been touched other than triple rate springs. I think I will redo them this year, but have never leaked and always worked good.

Back