• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2014 Apex XTX rear torsion springs

bigcatff7

Veteran
does anyone know if these springs 8HL47473-10-00 and 8HL47474-10-00 will fit a 2014 Apex XTX?
I believe these are off a 2010 Nytro. I need to soften this sled up for the wife, she's ridden a M10 for the last 7 years and she only weights 130lbs suited up!
Any info would be appreciated thanks.

The Star Suspension Kit will soften it up for her. My wife weighs exactly the same as yours. I put the kit in, big difference for her and I like it better as well (although just a bit soft for me), I'm 230.

I have a 12 XTX .. Does the star not only soften but help w bottoming out? Did you just use the linkage kit or did you do springs and shocks too?

Those are 1200 Nmm. Should fit. The front retainer styles changed between 11 and 14 but don't think that will affect anything.

I was told from star if you are 200lbs
or under no need for spring or shock work.

Last edited:
I agree with Crows. If my 2012 xtx were my primary ride, I would do the spring & shock work, but I'm probably 250+ in gear. The Star without shock work is a great set up for my wife, and a really good one for me. Just a bit soft when things get really rough for me.

Back