• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2014 yamaha nytro mtx se 153 build/review

Jfordnytro

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2014 yamaha nytro mtx se 153 (mcxpress 270 turbo)
Hey everyone im new here on Ty4strokes, just thought id post my build and give my opinion on some of the best upgrades i have done. ✅ is the absolute best mods

2014 yamaha nytro mtx se brand new 0km bought in November 2019

Istalled:
-handlebar riser and oft relocation ✅
-Mesh vent covers
-Custom build aluminum oil tank
-Pro armor teather and rov✅
-270 Mcexpress turbo kit ✅
-8bu-00 weights with b-w-b spring and 47° helix with white spring at 60°
-gearing 20/40
-Shortened tunnel 7" and added 3/16×2" aluminum bracing✅
-Aftermarket rear bumper
-Mountain addiction gas cans
-Relocated taillight
-Shortened snow flap
-Aluminum clutch case protector
OCTOBER 2020 UPDATE
-Mountaintech 34x3" a arms✅✅✅
-Mountaintech skid plate✅✅✅
-Oil lite bushings
-Hallman evolution rx boost controller
-Trail tank
-Avid drivers
-2.5 inch challenger extreme track✅
-Moflo vent kit
-Rehab wrap
-Rsi grips / heaters
-Skinz tunnel bag
-Ulmer racing clutch kit with super tips
SEPTEMBER 2021 UPDATE
1200km
-Skinz running boards ,and antistab kit
-gytr front shocks✅
-slydog attak skis with 7.5 studboy carbides✅✅
-grafite sliders
-Turbosmart vee port blow off valve with spring and new vacuum hose
-gates redline belt
-Outerwear intake skirts
-cr racing mcx stainless tunnel dump exhaust
-in tank fuel filters
-auxito led headlights
-the greaser
-schmidt brothers safer outer tierod and quiet clutch kit
-cr racing billet throttle block
-blue rsi grips
-Outerwear prefilter for vents
-moflo hood and gauge vent kit
-high density foam for subframe
-blue anodized 153 iceage rails
-marginal snow skid wheel kit
-Schmidt bros turbo clutching
-dalton adjustable weight inserts
-spindle bushings

IMO.
i have owned 3 nytros
1 stock 2012 nytro 144x2 xtx
2 190 mpi turbo 2009 nytro with moderate mods a 38 inch stock mtx frontend And the one in this post.
I NEVER realized how much potential i was missing running the stock front a arms with stock skis... the mountaintech 34x3 a arms with the slydog skis has turned my poor handling sled into a absolutely amazing and predictable light feeling sled that im confident running, that is the #1 mod i will recommend to anyone with a nytro, i wish i would have went with a different a arm setup wayy sooner

Last edited:

Resize_20211128_002613_3832.jpg
Resize_20211128_002613_3732.jpg
Resize_20211128_002613_3646.jpg
Resize_20211128_002613_3561.jpg
Resize_20211128_002613_3979.jpg
Resize_20211128_002613_3375.jpg
Resize_20211128_002614_4322.jpg
Resize_20211128_002614_4206.jpg
Resize_20211128_002614_4098.jpg

Nice! Sweet sled.

My Nytro build is fairly close to yours, but I haven't had it out on the new a-arms yet (still waiting on snow here in Colorado unfortunately. Past years I've been riding for a month by now....) but I can't wait to try it out.

Mine is an 08 and the previous owner did a 162 Cat skid swap with a Camoplast track and I have the Push Turbo setup (it was on the sled when I got it).

Curious about a few of your mods though.

1. high density foam for subframe - what is this?

2. Did you have the Mountain Tech a-arms with your stock skis at all to compare? I have been on the fence on skis since people seem to speak highly of the stock Yamaha powders skis.

3. gsxr front shocks - What are you running here? Not shocks from a motorcycle, i'm sure.. lol

Wrap looks sick!

Nice! Sweet sled.

My Nytro build is fairly close to yours, but I haven't had it out on the new a-arms yet (still waiting on snow here in Colorado unfortunately. Past years I've been riding for a month by now....) but I can't wait to try it out.

Mine is an 08 and the previous owner did a 162 Cat skid swap with a Camoplast track and I have the Push Turbo setup (it was on the sled when I got it).

Curious about a few of your mods though.

1. high density foam for subframe - what is this?

2. Did you have the Mountain Tech a-arms with your stock skis at all to compare? I have been on the fence on skis since people seem to speak highly of the stock Yamaha powders skis.

3. gsxr front shocks - What are you running here? Not shocks from a motorcycle, i'm sure.. lol

Wrap looks sick!

1.The high density foam is just a chunk of yoga block foam i stuffed into the subframe to eliminate snow and ice build up in the subframe area.

2.yes i ran the stock mtx skis with the stock fox float 2 shocks and it preformed very unpredictable, the skis would dive under and would not hold a side hill or when i would carve it didnt like to hold its track and would wash out from under me or it would grab and toss me over the other side.. slydog attak has a tall keel and tapper to eliminate this.

3. The shocks are 16.5 inch Gytr shocks off an apex... darn auto correct... i switched to these shocks due to #1 the adjustability #2 to eliminate the pogo stick rebound of a fox float shock.. those fox float shocks are not a consistent shock and i hated them on the 34x3 kit, it when u went to carve or sidehill it would litterally compress and then rebound (bounce) causing the ski to dive or it would try to dump it on the opposite side of the sled.

Awesome, thanks for the clarification.

Interesting on the skis, I'll definitely keep an eye out for the behavior when I finally get it on the snow. Mine are a little beat up too, so that will probably be the next thing to be replaced on it.

I still have the stock 08 coilovers on mine, so I don't have the rebound of the floats, which has me wondering if there's much benefit to a different coilover or not. I tend to think that a nicer set would probably make the trail in a little better but probably not make a huge difference in deep snow since i'm not coming from an air shock. I'll keep an eye out for a cheap set though.

Appreciate the input!

Back