• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

AKrider said:
4strokesmokextx said:
Are you hearing yourself? Bc I what I'm getting from that statement is rather confusing. In the first paragraph you say how there's all of these threads on dootalk about how XP's handle like crap. Then in the very next paragraph you say you want the nytro to handle like an XP. If a XP already handles like crap (supposedly) then why would anyone want to handle the same?

And for people to say you have to spend thousands of dollars to get a nytro to handle right is a joke. I have a 09 xtx and to date I've spent $0 on anything to affect handling. I've only put on a different exhaust, changed the track last year and now wider skis this year. The last two were only need bc I found myself going to the mountains more then riding trails. When riding trails I thought it handled just fine for my style, and didn't see the need for all of these other "necessities". Everyone I ride with that has a yamaha has them bc quite simply you can just get on them and go! No wrenching on anything!

Now what ever yamaha comes out with, if it fits my riding style there's a good chance I could end up getting one. If not then ill just keep my xtx and continue to rack up miles on it!

It was a rhetorical question to that poster. If you spend any time on Dootalk you WILL NOT see all kinds of parts and mods for Doo owners to get their XP's to handle. The XP's handle decently right out of the crate.

I hear ya now! Dang text doesn't convey sarcasm!

[/quote]

Your Dreaming! Just go read the Nytro Forum. I am NOT the only one that complained about the Nytro handling. Every mag has said and most people that own one say it. Ther is a reason why they changed the front end and chassis in 09 from the 08. There is also a reason why Yamaha has a front end used specifically for racers. Do some reading and educate yourself.[/quote]

I do read the posts on hear and I am a subscriber to multiple magazines. But I guess that because I don't have thousands of posts on an internet forum I don't know what im talking about. Yes the handling was terrible on the 08's. I know because I demoed one when they were new. That's why I bought an 09. But like I said you can RIDE one in stock form without having to spend thousands of dollars to make it work right. If that was the case then NOBODY would be buying them yet. I guess Darnello and myself must have gotten the only 2 nytro xtx's that rail...

"if its on the internet it must be true!"

Everyone's opinion and riding style are different. In my opinion, my sled is on rails when it isn't darty, has a bit of inside ski lift, light on the steering at cruise and I can ride with one hand. When my sled is setup like this I can ride like a madman.

Other people like flat cornering sleds. I ride with a lot of ski-doo riders. I loved the rev chassis. I absolutely hate the xp chassis. It is the most boring/ flat riding sled ever. Any idiot could ride it. Heck you take the thing into powder, stand on one running board and throw near 200 pounds to one side and it won't even lift the ski. If you don't have to "ride it" and you're along for the ride its no fun. But that is my opinion and I'm sure many will disagree.

Your Dreaming! Just go read the Nytro Forum. I am NOT the only one that complained about the Nytro handling. Every mag has said and most people that own one say it. Ther is a reason why they changed the front end and chassis in 09 from the 08. There is also a reason why Yamaha has a front end used specifically for racers. Do some reading and educate yourself.[/quote]

I do read the posts on hear and I am a subscriber to multiple magazines. But I guess that because I don't have thousands of posts on an internet forum I don't know what im talking about. Yes the handling was terrible on the 08's. I know because I demoed one when they were new. That's why I bought an 09. But like I said you can RIDE one in stock form without having to spend thousands of dollars to make it work right. If that was the case then NOBODY would be buying them yet. I guess Darnello and myself must have gotten the only 2 nytro xtx's that rail...

"if its on the internet it must be true!"[/quote]

**Make that 3 Nytro XTX's...mine rail's also!!

Lets stop bitching ..who cares what handle better and has less weight....there's snow on the ground lets ride ...and wait to see what doo, yamaha and the rest will come out with then bitch about it then because I know you guys will

Cant we just be happy ;)!

09nytro said:
Lets stop bitching ..who cares what handle better and has less weight....there's snow on the ground lets ride ...and wait to see what doo, yamaha and the rest will come out with then bitch about it then because I know you guys will

Cant we just be happy ;)!
x2 ;)!

X4 I wonder with whomever is right. The apex gone or the vector gone or the nytro gone? Are you the type of rider that will have to dump your old model sled, so you don't have to be seen on the old stuff? Similar to people who buy cars every 4-5 years. That way they are really never in the old ..... If anything good or bad, I bet this bumps up sales. being no matter what brand we will have 160-180hp on a smoother riding, better cornering, more comfortable sled then anything from 1998-2002. Meaning we may have something quicker out of the box then a srx 700, and as fast as a thunder cat out of the box. All on a chassis that can corner and handle bumps. Unlike the old sleds. Now that is exciting, no matter what brand loyalty you have

Are you guys proof reading your posts? This is TY4stroke.com you guys are Yamaha guys and you are talking up Doo our almost direct competitor... Don't get me wrong I think doo has done a good job in bringing the Etec and r motion it's fast and handles well. But 2012 etec 800r and my 06 apex gt are even! Wow if I spent 15000 on a new etec and was even with a 6 year old sled I'd be pissed. And the 800 sounds so bad you guys say Yamaha drones ride a doo all day.... Now onto the topic of the 1200 vs Nytro. I have not ridden either so take this as it is. The nytro 1000cc 3 cyl motor has 120-130 hp the 4 tec 3 cyl 1200cc has 120-130 hp.... there is something not right there...no? the Apex is 1000cc has 165hp.... a 1200 with 130? same with cat 1100 turbo. TURBO and its 180 hp if you turbo an Apex it can go from 200-500 I've seen of course it needs a lot more work to make sure it does not rip itself to pieces but still. these are simply numbers and it proves the efficiency of the big YMC they run faster are more efficient and deliver more hp na than anyone. I cannot say YMC has a better suspension since they do not but that is pretty well the only thing doo beats Yamaha on. I am sure Yamaha is coming out with something big in 2014 we'll have to wait and see.

For motor tech maybe we need to take a slight look at the first XC race. Last year yammi did very well in XC but was never the fastest sleds out there,
Look at the first XC race and they all of a sudden have the fastest speeds of all brands. Circumstance maybe, but I wouldnt be surprised to see a 3cyl 4 stroke motor with 160ish hp to maybe replace the 4cyl motor that right there would save a decent chunk of weight. I was fortunate enough to meet the project manager of Yamaha when the RX1 came out and we were racing it he talked about it as his baby and was in development since 98 when the axed the Vmax4. Brings up another name sake new style nytro chassis with 4cylinder motor VMAX4??? just saying................ And I know the XC wont say anything but I know for a fact that there sleds are 40-50+ lbs lighter than the production nytro........ lips shut

billbies said:
For motor tech maybe we need to take a slight look at the first XC race. Last year yammi did very well in XC but was never the fastest sleds out there,
Look at the first XC race and they all of a sudden have the fastest speeds of all brands. Circumstance maybe, but I wouldnt be surprised to see a 3cyl 4 stroke motor with 160ish hp to maybe replace the 4cyl motor that right there would save a decent chunk of weight. I was fortunate enough to meet the project manager of Yamaha when the RX1 came out and we were racing it he talked about it as his baby and was in development since 98 when the axed the Vmax4. Brings up another name sake new style nytro chassis with 4cylinder motor VMAX4??? just saying................ And I know the XC wont say anything but I know for a fact that there sleds are 40-50+ lbs lighter than the production nytro........ lips shut
Question begs to be asked.Will we get the version that 40-50lbs lighter for 2014?

I put in a M10 air and lost 30 pounds!!! And fixed the only thing wrong with my sled....The rear suspension. (just saying)!

thats part of the front steering on the nytros in particular that makes them handle like S%$ out of the box , amongst other things they have too much intial ski pressure due to the geometry of the rear skid if you put lets say and Edge skid in your steering is exponentially changed to the better, now yes there is still some faults to the front geometry as well but I would say 60-70% of the steering problem come from the geometry of the rear skid and the way its positioned in the chassis
It was the same when the rx1 came out (i coulndt throw that thing far enough

Back