• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

The closer the we get to the release date, the less inlined I am to believe there is some type of collaboration between Cat and Yamaha on anything besides the 120.

CR has not posted anything to make one think it is a possibility and on his blog he debunked the whole "Western dealers not being invited" to the dealer show. It appears Yamaha has done a heck of a good job keeping the details of their new release secret.

They've succeeding in building up hype but that can be dangerous. With nothing factual to base expectations on, I'd think you'd be more likely to disappoint rather than "wow" the buying public. I think the last release they had that seemed pretty revolutionary and well received was in '97 with the SX 700. I wasn't even into Yamaha's back then and that sled caused me to go to a show to check out the display models. It would be interesting if they can pull off something like that! A model that doesn't only excite their loyal customer base but pulls in buyers from other brands. That is going to be a tall order.

there you go, page 49 of the thread! :tg:

Ithink its ourselves t :rocks: hat build the hype, but i kind of like it and wont be dissipoibted whatever the new sled is gonna be, this place is truly awsome in digging up stuff, but it seems like no real bearing of whats it is going to be

Viper34 said:
I predict the Nytro is no longer offered in 2014...chassis was terrible anyways..

I also predict a all new chassis that will surprise you all...but in a WTF sort of way..like WTF is that and WTF did they build that for..IMO
Well look who's nosing around :yam:

Viper34 said:
I predict the Nytro is no longer offered in 2014...chassis was terrible anyways..

I also predict a all new chassis that will surprise you all...but in a WTF sort of way..like WTF is that and WTF did they build that for..IMO

That would explain the lack of details so far.

Mighty said:
Viper34 said:

After a 7 year hiatus no less...hmmmm.

Maybe Yamaha patent #8336660 will be coming to fruition. Seems like a WTF prediction.

Attachments

• articulated.jpg
    articulated.jpg
    160.8 KB · Views: 140
Grimm said:
Mighty said:
Viper34 said:

After a 7 year hiatus no less...hmmmm.

Viper34 back from the dead it appears.

Interesting !!!!!!

I Am not saying I want a lower powered sled because I ride like an old fogey. It's really a pricing issue for me. With a few kids and a wife that love to ride, buying a 13000 dollar sled is out of the question, I have family and friends that ride apex's and they are awesome. But around here they never left me old 700 sx behind. I get the acceleration thing, I've ridden their sleds, and they are significantly faster than the sleds I own when out in the open fields. But in the trails, it's butts to nuts...and that triple still sounds sweet...but it smells.

Sorry if I missed it by not looking back over the 49 pages. What is the release date?

Dealer show is Feb. 19,20,21 in Minneapolis

Mighty said:
Viper34 said:

Holy!!!! Your alive...

Blue Dave said:
Mazz said:
Dealer show is Feb. 19,20,21 in Minneapolis

Thanks. When can the general public view the 2014 models?

I would think shortly afterwards. Usually the dealers come home with the brochures after their dealer meetings.

Myself I will be in the UP that week. I am sure I will find out from the guys at Pat's in Greenland. In fact I bet one of them will be leaving that week to come down to Mpls for the show. With the poor snow this year and the UP getting theirs late those guys probably don't know much this year either at this point in time. Normally Yamaha tests up there but this year I think they were in Alaska testing.

From what i was told . the dealers "may" not see the sled /sleds untill the 20Th. I would think Yama/corp. will have it on the web. Cause ,by the end of the day on the 20th, there will be hundreds of cell phone pix's all over the web....Just a thought!

Back