• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2015 RTX-SE stalling

jason ciano

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2015 Yamaha SR Viper R-TX SE
Ok guys so heres my issue! My 2015 rtx se will stall every so often. One minute I'm riding along and the next it will want to stall but if i give it gas it will kick back in but if i don't it will stall completely . But starts back up no problem. Im racking my brain trying to figure this out.

Does yours do it only when the sled is stopped? I have two le's that do the same thing. I has to be something with the ecu.

Sorry to hear I'm not the only one!
My 2015 LTX SE dies all the time.
Took it back to the dealer and it ran fine...
Got it home same thing again!
No snow here in IL. now so haven't even bothered to take it back. And the dealer don't even really have a place to run it...wish I knew that before I bought from them!
3 hours there and back + fuel!
Anyway mine likes to die when getting off the throttle, I can keep it running but it does suck!
Please by all means let me know if ya figure it out!

No it will does it when I'm moving, it just slows right down. The engine brake kicks in hard but it will keep going once i punch the throttle . Then it seems ok if i dont catch it in time it stalls completley with no trouble codes. No oil light, coolant temp say says 73 deg

Taking it to the dealer for my 800 km service this week, gonna get them to look at it! Could be a loose wire for all i know, good thing i got the extra 3 yr warranty

Yeah, I think mine dies it at a steady throttle also, it's got me well trained, I know to just get back in the throttle a bit.
Very noticeable getting off throttle, wants to throw me over the sled...

I got the extra 4 year, total 5 but it didn't seem to do me any good LOL

2014 ltx se , same problem here, stalling after coming off throttle at low speeds. Started acting up at 500 miles. Love to hear the solution. Bringing back to dealer at end of season. I think it's the ecu programming, even though I had the reflash.

Yes exactly it wants to chuck you over the front when stalls and yes it does do it when slowing down as well! Well I'm taking it in tomorrow i will let you guys know the verdict!! Sorry for the no snow genius! Im in ontario on lake simcoe 30" of ice and 2 feet of snow

I'll be right here Jason waiting for your return!!

Check your vacuum lines. There is also a line coming off IACV. Smaller one going into airbox ner steering stem. Check that one.

Never even thought about the vacuum lines!! Im gonna let the dealer take at look at it, if they cant figure it out which they usually cant lol im gonna dig in myself . Tired of falling behind on the trails because of this!

my 2014 ltx had the hard starting last year but was reflashed about 6 weeks ago and was stalling since which was a bummer. Every time I slowed down I had to keep throttle up close to engagement which was huge pain in the #*$&@ in a 740 mile 3 day ride in quebec. it would have stalled every time I brought it down to idle (i.e. road crossings, in town, down steep hills, when I locked brakes....) hazardous to say the least. I brought it back and they just fixed it cause went out yesterday and didn't stall at all wooohoooo !! The issue with mine was simply adjusting the throttle cable. I didn't see any codes but they said it had stored it was throwing a P0000 i believe which they didn't know what it was cause yamaha doesnt recognize that one but the yami rep was there and said he saw that in the same cat sleds and it was the throttle cutting out. my dealer had not seen it in the yamahas yet. I see other posts on stall so I am gonna copy/paste this to those so hope people don't mind !

So yours would not idle at all ?
Mine is erratic but for the most part if I stop and it's still runnning it will idel fine...

Back