• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2015 RTX-SE stalling

Went for a 800km ride my 2016 XTX was stalling when I let off the throttle going at speed took apart the throttle plastic and just unplugged the two wire connector that goes to the limit switch that gets close when you are on the throttle and it cured all my stalling thing I might replace that switch with a tether

Went for a 800km ride my 2016 XTX was stalling when I let off the throttle going at speed took apart the throttle plastic and just unplugged the two wire connector that goes to the limit switch that gets close when you are on the throttle and it cured all my stalling thing I might replace that switch with a tether
Those wires arent very confidence inspiring eh? Had some issues with my throttle block when I first got sled. Never did figure it out. Just replacec whole block and been good since. Always wanted to get rid of the blocks on both sides but I admit I really like the Handwarmer buttons. Dont even glance at them to change heat.

I'm glad I found this thread and hopefully this is my solution as my 15 turbo viper has been stalling on me occasionally when I'm coming or coasting to a stop and while letting off the throttle, my throttle cable does seem a bit loose, this makes perfect sense as a loose throttle cable would let the throttle bodies close all the way and stall the sled, also takes a few attempts to fire back up until I give it some throttle.

Last edited:
I'm glad I found this thread and hopefully this is my solution as my 15 turbo viper has been stalling on me occasionally when I'm coming or coasting to a stop and while letting off the throttle, my throttle cable does seem a bit loose, this makes perfect sense as a loose throttle cable would let the throttle bodies close all the way and stall the sled, also takes a few attempts to fire back up until I give it some throttle.
Same here. Quick adjustment and no more stalling.

I am betting it is a TORS issue in the throttle block on the handle bars. The sensor and block wears out like anything else and the throttle cable can stretch and cause issues with the sensor.

Back