• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2015 YAMAHA SNOWMOBILES

Please please please Yamaha, give me what I've wanted for many years. A 140-150Hp 4 stroke in a lightweight (viper) chassis, 153" x 2.25" track, 36-38" ski stance and make it 475 lbs (at least under 500). Why not a big twin to keep the weight down, with a factory turbo? Red or blue would be the only decision to make.

MMStewy said:
Please please please Yamaha, give me what I've wanted for many years. A 140-150Hp 4 stroke in a lightweight (viper) chassis, 153" x 2.25" track, 36-38" ski stance and make it 475 lbs (at least under 500). Why not a big twin to keep the weight down, with a factory turbo? Red or blue would be the only decision to make.

x2! ;)!

and with a 10 gallon gas tank!

Where exactly do we see the release online? Just on Yamahas website, or FB page?

MMStewy said:

Other then the horsepower numbers you just described an AC m1100t. A big twin won't work either just look at the 1100, it's heavier then the nytro/viper motor and it's down one cylinder. But the 1100 is built to take big boost numbers in stock form. So you want a big twin that's light weight but can take boost. I don't think it's really possible. But I thought that I read once that Yamaha doesn't believe in boosting motors if the can get the same number N/A.
The mountain viper is a given for this year but it also doesn't fall into the "5 new sleds and motors in the next 5 years". There's got to be something else this year, hopefully...

4strokesmokextx said:
MMStewy said:

Other then the horsepower numbers you just described an AC m1100t. A big twin won't work either just look at the 1100, it's heavier then the nytro/viper motor and it's down one cylinder. But the 1100 is built to take big boost numbers in stock form. So you want a big twin that's light weight but can take boost. I don't think it's really possible. But I thought that I read once that Yamaha doesn't believe in boosting motors if the can get the same number N/A.
The mountain viper is a given for this year but it also doesn't fall into the "5 new sleds and motors in the next 5 years". There's got to be something else this year, hopefully...
Were all hoping

4strokesmokextx said:

Everyone hopes for something new, but Chris Reid on his sled blog stated that the Apex wasn't going to see a revamp this year and no new chassis from Japan.

So that will likely mean 2 possiblities...Viper MTX and/or SR Phazer. To Yamaha, these would qualify as a new sled.

Alright, I'll put my two cents..

You wont see the 4cyl in a cat, thats the flagship motor and is too valuable IMO

Secondly, on several occasions, yamaha engineers have been quoted saying how they can make more power naturally aspirated then the other guys with boost.

With that said, bet the new sled is just a mountain viper, but hoping for something extreme, such as a nytro MTX with the 240hp N/A M1 engine!

Yamahammer485 said:
Alright, I'll put my two cents..

You wont see the 4cyl in a cat, thats the flagship motor and is too valuable IMO

Secondly, on several occasions, yamaha engineers have been quoted saying how they can make more power naturally aspirated then the other guys with boost.

With that said, bet the new sled is just a mountain viper, but hoping for something extreme, such as a nytro MTX with the 240hp N/A M1 engine!

I had to look the M1 up...wow! Pretty amazing what Yamaha can do with an engine!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yamaha_YZR-M1
http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=Yam ... &FORM=IGRE

Ok have to ask.. Seeing everybody asking for a new nytro motor.... Why? What dou not like about the current one. Is it coming up short somehow or does everyone just want something new that does the same thing the same way to say they have something new?

fxnytrortxkid said:
Ok have to ask.. Seeing everybody asking for a new nytro motor.... Why? What dou not like about the current one. Is it coming up short somehow or does everyone just want something new that does the same thing the same way to say they have something new?
Becouse 130hp is way to low in the mountain compared to 800-2 stroke lightweight,it is in the 600cc class 2-stroke.

Back