• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2015 YAMAHA SNOWMOBILES

I currently ride an 06 Apex and really just want a replacement that has the same or slightly more hp. I realize the viper is lighter and that makes up for some of the loss in hp but I'd rather see something the same weight as the Viper but with 150hp.

Mr Y said:
Hi !

What´s the second sled ?

New vector / apex ?

Picture from Yamaha-motor.com
Looks like a few sleds rolling down a trail to me .... if the Mtn is just a rebadged cat (again for the 3rd time) then the writing is on the wall for the sled division ....

northernsledder.jk said:
Yamahammer485 said:
Alright, I'll put my two cents..

You wont see the 4cyl in a cat, thats the flagship motor and is too valuable IMO

Secondly, on several occasions, yamaha engineers have been quoted saying how they can make more power naturally aspirated then the other guys with boost.

With that said, bet the new sled is just a mountain viper, but hoping for something extreme, such as a nytro MTX with the 240hp N/A M1 engine!

I had to look the M1 up...wow! Pretty amazing what Yamaha can do with an engine!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yamaha_YZR-M1
http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=Yam ... &FORM=IGRE

An m1 motor wouldn't ever happen, it's a pipe dream at best. Those gp motors wouldn't last 1000 miles, and are several hundreds of thousand dollars each. Heck 5 motors barely lasts a race season for a Yamaha m1 race bike.

And prior to that:

Bill:
So what’s the deal? Will we see a new YAMAHA sled this year, designed and built exclusively by Yamaha? Or was that just an empty promise to quell the Viper frustration?

Chris:
Just an empty promise / disclaimer: specifications subject to change without notice

greenthumb said:
And prior to that:

Bill:
So what’s the deal? Will we see a new YAMAHA sled this year, designed and built exclusively by Yamaha? Or was that just an empty promise to quell the Viper frustration?

Chris:
Just an empty promise / disclaimer: specifications subject to change without notice

Wah waaaaaah, Debbie downer....

Unfortunately you'll be right, maybe a new vector motor of we get lucky.
As Yamaha people, we've got low expectations ingrained into our minds.

Or the old caddy shack line "you'll get nothing and like it"

Back