• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2015 YAMAHA SNOWMOBILES

HartleRacing said:
<snip> you all dont like it just because someone else designed it. <snip>.

Especially since cat stole the design from doo anyway! There's only so many ways to skin a cat (pun intended).

I love my nytro xtx. Maybe that's why I'm not crazy about how the procross feels. Next sled will be an apex xtx if it's still around when I buy a new one. Otherwise I'll have to test out a 4stroke doo and a viper and see which feels better.

I think I understand why Yamaha hasent produced a sled you guys want. You have no clue what u want. U say 170hp 450lb sled. Well that's unrealistic. Be reasonable and look at what rx1 was an where they are at now. They actually are selling a sled snox cross country ready for stock classes now. They have lighter mtn sleds and offer a turbo cheaply that when combined with spring check pricing pits it in same boat as most 800 mtn sleds. An you have a reliable motor. Is there groundbreaking amazing release this year no. But steady gains and option for privateer racers to run stock an not open

It's not unexpected, Maybe next year. :-o I'll just keep my 9 year old vector another year.-----------------------pause---------------------------- or more. MM. :tg:

The viper is a nice sled but looking at the Yamaha website is disgusting

To the guys calling out guys who are disappointed. Yamaha promised a new motor and a new sled each year for the next 5 years. Don't change the track length and call it a new sled. All these new sleds are Vipers with a different track.

I'll be honest I was excited to see a apex replacement. I ride a doo and I love it but my heart belongs to Yamaha and now I have to wait another year. I've been off Yamaha or three seasons now and next year will be four. I road a Yamaha for 15 years prior.

I think most of us wanted a YAMAHA sled, not a Yamakitty. It was a good one year sled, but the motor is old and so is the chassis.

I got away from cat and all their stupid little problems, and now look they are back. BTW I think green looks better than blue on a Arctic Cat sled, lol.

SnoXer18 said:
Wait, where is the performance damper?

At least Yamaha isn't afraid to put a 4 stroke in a mountain sled unlike a couple of the other manufacturers. I know, the weight is too much for a true mountain machine. How many true mountain riders are there? The ones that risk their machine taking it to the point of no return up a near vertical chute?

Food for though, 15 years ago the newest RMK or MM or Summit came with a 141" track and 120-130HP and was a heavy machine based off a sit down trail rider chassis.

That about sums it up. What other manufactures had 15 yrs ago, Yami releases today.LMAO Yamaha Sticker Company can rebrand whatever they want. You are all fired.GFY. Dealers have long tracked Vipers this year as well as other independents. Its like the guy playing a tune on his guitar and changing chords and giving a facial expresion of he just did something special. oooooohhh ahhhhhh same tune. The performance dampener is a joke. It really lets them know who the idiotic fools are that will follow leemers off a cliff. I got a new slogan...Yamaha, helping the competition sell sleds. I hope you are reading this CR. The Cat version of your release has more hp and is way cheaper to upgrade, M9000. And its been out for a few years already. I can go on and on and will most likely get the boot from this site, but I am done, tired, and will no longer be left wanting. I have given Yammi more than a fair shot riding for 30+yrs. It was a good run, but no more blood from my wallet.

Got what I wanted, the SRViper XTX LE, hope to order one before fall. Friend of mine has the cat equivalent High Country (only its a 800 2st) and its an awesome sled. When I seen the new models I knew there was some serious whining going on. My only question is why not a +160hp mt sled Yamaha? Most don't know what to do with +160hp, but that's what sells. Its kind of like the 1000cc sport bikes, most of the those bikes have a chicken strip over an inch wide.

dilligaf said:
Got what I wanted, the SRViper XTX LE, hope to order one before fall. Friend of mine has the cat equivalent High Country (only its a 800 2st) and its an awesome sled. When I seen the new models I knew there was some serious whining going on. My only question is why not a +160hp mt sled Yamaha? Most don't know what to do with +160hp, but that's what sells. Its kind of like the 1000cc sport bikes, most of the those bikes have a chicken strip over an inch wide.
People want a 160+hp Mtn sled because it turns into 120hp at elevation........... :sled1:

My guess is they are pulling "somewhat" in line with Doo's strategy, but we are caught in the middle of the shift at the moment. Moving forward have one really good suspension/skid technology with different skid lengths, one chassis, and stream line the engine offering's . Now pull all this together, change shock valving and paint/sticker scheme's and MARKET to the different rider segments.

If this is the strategy expect a new "yamaha" or Yamaha/Cat" chassis/suspension in the next/several year(s) with several engines, Lets say a 3 cy 600cc 110hp, Existing 3cyl 130hp Genesis , and I bet they trying to decide on a turbo Genesis or a new high output 160-180HP engine . The "new" chassis will be designed to accommodate them all . All sled offering's will look the same except for length's paint and shock makeup, coupled/uncoupled skid, 2 up seats etc.

scott32 said:
SnoXer18 said:

At least Yamaha isn't afraid to put a 4 stroke in a mountain sled unlike a couple of the other manufacturers. I know, the weight is too much for a true mountain machine. How many true mountain riders are there? The ones that risk their machine taking it to the point of no return up a near vertical chute?

Food for though, 15 years ago the newest RMK or MM or Summit came with a 141" track and 120-130HP and was a heavy machine based off a sit down trail rider chassis.

That about sums it up. What other manufactures had 15 yrs ago, Yami releases today.LMAO Yamaha Sticker Company can rebrand whatever they want. You are all fired.GFY. Dealers have long tracked Vipers this year as well as other independents. Its like the guy playing a tune on his guitar and changing chords and giving a facial expresion of he just did something special. oooooohhh ahhhhhh same tune. The performance dampener is a joke. It really lets them know who the idiotic fools are that will follow leemers off a cliff. I got a new slogan...Yamaha, helping the competition sell sleds. I hope you are reading this CR. The Cat version of your release has more hp and is way cheaper to upgrade, M9000. And its been out for a few years already. I can go on and on and will most likely get the boot from this site, but I am done, tired, and will no longer be left wanting. I have given Yammi more than a fair shot riding for 30+yrs. It was a good run, but no more blood from my wallet.

I didn't actually mean it that way. In 2001 when Yamaha released the 700 Mountain Max it was on par with any of the other mountain snowmobiles at the time. Compared to what Yamaha is offering now (162" x 2.6") that is ancient technology. Yamaha went all in with 4-strokes and their mountain segment suffered, it looks like they are back in the ballpark. Okay, they don't have factory boost, but for $2,000 you can buy an MPI turbo with the new MTX. A M-TX 162 LE with a turbo would run the same price as a M 9000 HCR and the Yamaha engine is lighter....

Most people would rather have factory installed boost vs dealer installed, and don't forget the "not for use under 6000' " disclaimer.

SnoXer18 said:
scott32 said:
SnoXer18 said:

I didn't actually mean it that way. In 2001 when Yamaha released the 700 Mountain Max it was on par with any of the other mountain snowmobiles at the time. Compared to what Yamaha is offering now (162" x 2.6") that is ancient technology. Yamaha went all in with 4-strokes and their mountain segment suffered, it looks like they are back in the ballpark. Okay, they don't have factory boost, but for $2,000 you can buy an MPI turbo with the new MTX. A M-TX 162 LE with a turbo would run the same price as a M 9000 HCR and the Yamaha engine is lighter....

Dude, the M9000 is a big, front heavy, pig of a sled, just like my Nytro. They both kick your #*$&@ by the end of the day. For the casual, non-super human mountain rider, the 2 stroke competitors sleds are umpteen times easier to ride.

ROCKERDAN said:
also owned a cat turbo which was near identical handling to viper. - Same here. You haven't spent enough time on the viper if you believe that. Viper is lighter on its feet.

None of those sleds are even close to how well and precise and flat and smooth a doo etec is. - Just LOL

Even yammie/and cat guys all agree its hear impossible to have any sled ride as smooth and handle as precise as a mxz X etec. - On the floor laughing at this point. Can't even respond to the rest of your tripe.

Dan

LOL at your entire post. Blather much? You and JTSSRX are funny. And you are doing a disservice to your years as a contributing member of this site.

Sorry dude but I own a 1200 doo and a viper turbo xtx and the xtx is the handler of the two. Etec is just a garbage motor - I've got probably 500 miles on my buds '13 800 fleatec this year because he can't get off my viper when we trade. Guess what he is trading it on on for next season? Glad you like your sled but keep the stories and cheerleading where it belongs. Dootalk. ;)!

Back