• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2015 YAMAHA SNOWMOBILES

apexgt1000 said:
i think cr got to go.hire some ski doo engineers that will get things rolling.at least they will listen.

I think there isnt anyone in the world who wants to build us a new sled than Reid. I can guarantee you its the compny who wont put the investment in.

I think sleds are an afterthought for Yamaha corporation as a whole. I just saw Polaris's CEO give an interview on tv and he claims that sleds are only 6% of Polaris total sales. Im sure its even smaller for Yamaha.

I'd like to see a dark horse come into the mix. A new start up sled company that is dedicated 100% to our sport. Its just what we need. Yamaha is ready to be knocked out of the whole thing...they barely exist anymore. Its all Cat. I believe there is room for another player. Maybe someone like Honda getting in might be interestidng too. But i dont think they would push the peeformance boundry much...but they could slide into Yamaha's share of reliability concious buyers looking for a Phazer type of ride.

Yamaha....you really piss me off lately with your lazy attitude towards sleds...

I think the Apex would have looked AWESOME with that white/blue colour scheme!

ROCKERDAN said:
petey_sx700 said:
I bought a Viper LTX Deluxe and love it. 1300 miles and not one issue. I have owned a 2005 Warrior, 2007 Apex and a 2009 Nytro XTX. I've ridden a Doo 800r and 800etec for 500 Miles and the apex and Nytro were both better. This Viper with tuner skis handles better than all. Corner to corner no motor will beat it.

You must be the only one on this planet that thinks an apex and a nytro and viper handle better then a 800etec. I owned an apex for 8 yrs, and rode a nytro many miles, and have demo'd the new viper twice, and also owned a cat turbo which was near identical handling to viper.

None of those sleds are even close to how well and precise and flat and smooth a doo etec is.

Even yammie/and cat guys all agree its hear impossible to have any sled ride as smooth and handle as precise as a mxz X etec.

Why is it that yammie and cat are basically going under? Why is it that doo/brp sells more 4 strokes then all other brands 4 strokes put together?

Im not brand faithful at all, but when you ride a new doo, its plain to see the others are not even close, Poo is the closest as of right now with their indy line.

Dan

Dan I'm right there with you. I owned a 06 and 2011 apex two 09 nytro's as well s a 2012 proross. the closest to my 13 etec is the procross. It's all opinion but there isn't a bee handling/riding sled on the snow then a doo XS or XP chassis. I don' know why I waited so long to get one!!!

Wait, where is the performance damper?

At least Yamaha isn't afraid to put a 4 stroke in a mountain sled unlike a couple of the other manufacturers. I know, the weight is too much for a true mountain machine. How many true mountain riders are there? The ones that risk their machine taking it to the point of no return up a near vertical chute?

Food for though, 15 years ago the newest RMK or MM or Summit came with a 141" track and 120-130HP and was a heavy machine based off a sit down trail rider chassis.

i agree with ccrider.i love yamaha products.but dont promise use new engines and chassies and let use down.o well 365 days to go to be let down again.thanks yamaha.

apexgt1000 said:
i agree with ccrider.i love yamaha products.but dont promise use new engines and chassies and let use down.o well 365 days to go to be let down again.thanks yamaha.

New Engine? That would be a neat idea. Maybe something around 110 HP and then one around 180 HP. Seems to me that would answer the most needs.

Instead they offer one engine in a dozen different chassis configurations.

My wife is in the market for a new sled, but doesn't quite need as much HP as the Viper offers, but is looking for something more rider friendly than the Phazer. Yamaha doesn't offer that.

It will also be difficult for Yamaha to attract new riders when their "new" chassis starts at 12,000 and Doo and Poo offer them around 8,000.

cacsrx1 said:
Vmax4 said:
If you want a high powered Yamaha MOUNTAIN SLED! ADD A TURBO! Yes, it is MORE MONEY, but it makes it everything you wish it were (other than lighter.....). I am very happy with my MCX 270 kit. So much so, that when it is time to move on....... it will likely become my back up sled and a new Yama-Cat or DooPolArctaha or what ever they are making that has a yamaha engine..........

Quit your whining, either anti-up and grow some and BUY A TURBO or move to another brand. My buddy is on his 3rd engine in 3 years on his Polaris. Just drove to McCall, ID with a NEW ENGINE and just 6 miles in it is siezed..........
Not everybody wants to spend $18000 to go the same place a $12000 sled will go.

I suggest you try following an $18,000 sled....... I only have $16,000 into mine.

Vmax4 said:
cacsrx1 said:
Vmax4 said:
If you want a high powered Yamaha MOUNTAIN SLED! ADD A TURBO! Yes, it is MORE MONEY, but it makes it everything you wish it were (other than lighter.....). I am very happy with my MCX 270 kit. So much so, that when it is time to move on....... it will likely become my back up sled and a new Yama-Cat or DooPolArctaha or what ever they are making that has a yamaha engine..........

Quit your whining, either anti-up and grow some and BUY A TURBO or move to another brand. My buddy is on his 3rd engine in 3 years on his Polaris. Just drove to McCall, ID with a NEW ENGINE and just 6 miles in it is siezed..........

I suggest you try following an $18,000 sled....... I only have $16,000 into mine.
$16000 into it and its worth $7000 on the open market.....most people aren't willing to take that kind of a loss. I totaled up the mods on my Apex and it makes me sick to see what I spent.

cacsrx1 said:
Vmax4 said:
cacsrx1 said:
Vmax4 said:

$16000 into it and its worth $7000 on the open market.....most people aren't willing to take that kind of a loss. I totaled up the mods on my Apex and it makes me sick to see what I spent.

Loss only comes if you sell it, right?........ I am pretty happy with it, it owes me nothing. Now if you are like. well other guys here, and buy a new sled every year, now that is just dumb, according to my financial advisor, oh wait, I am my financial advisor.............

didnt realize YAMAHA had the lead in women riders.. my god you all do alot of bitching. these types of sleds are what you all had been asking for. you hated the way the old chassis rode so they offered a new one. you all dont like it just because someone else designed it. big whoop. anything will have problems unless you leave it in a glass case after you purchase it. i like the sleds, i WILL be on the list of people to own a 2015. ill bleed blue till i die, but just like anyone else who has bled, it may change colors once it hits open oxygen, but it still came blue from the heart. thats the way ill always stay. i dont like what other companies offer being the main reason.

HartleRacing said:
didnt realize YAMAHA had the lead in women riders.. my god you all do alot of bitching. these types of sleds are what you all had been asking for. you hated the way the old chassis rode so they offered a new one. you all dont like it just because someone else designed it. big whoop. anything will have problems unless you leave it in a glass case after you purchase it. i like the sleds, i WILL be on the list of people to own a 2015. ill bleed blue till i die, but just like anyone else who has bled, it may change colors once it hits open oxygen, but it still came blue from the heart. thats the way ill always stay. i dont like what other companies offer being the main reason.
Its not what mountain riders wanted....

Back