• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2015 YAMAHA SNOWMOBILES

09nytro said:
Just picked up a 12 1100 t and put the OSP engine bump stop and OSP jack shaft bump stop and got the engine aligned and put over 900 miles on a belt so they can be fixed

Not enough cat in that viper or not enough hp in that viper? lol

Well, All I can say is I am very happy with my purchase of my XTX Viper and have had zero problems. I like the new colors on the Vipers and my son adores the orange and blue....it all comes down to choice.

As far as new models, I don't know what everyone wants, Yamaha is by far the best engine out there and I am seeing 100mph easy, killing everything that has come up next to me and if it took a cat chassis to make everything work, ride great and perform????? I wouldn't hesitate buying another Viper!

All I know is I made the right decision in my purchase :) That's my .02

rrxx-1 said:
09nytro said:
Just picked up a 12 1100 t and put the OSP engine bump stop and OSP jack shaft bump stop and got the engine aligned and put over 900 miles on a belt so they can be fixed

Not enough cat in that viper or not enough hp in that viper? lol

Oh no ! I love my viper best sled I've had in years !
Got it cheep and wanted a challenge and so far it's good and just stupid fast !

Love my rtx viper, but I must say the rtx le is sweet and so is the xtx le with mountain seat.

Does anyone know if there are any mechanical updates/recalls that are now fixed compared to the 2014s? Or were there none? (referring to Vipers)

MikeWalters said:
Does anyone know if there are any mechanical updates/recalls that are now fixed compared to the 2014s? Or were there none? (referring to Vipers)

I've heard a reflash of the fuel mapping is in order, plus I'm sure the chaincase update will be done on them as well.

Not impressed with new lineup. I kind of had a feeling this would happen so I bought a left over Apex for $9,000. Looks like I made the right choice so I will hold out until they stick the Apex engine in something spectacular.

Bigblue1 said:
Not impressed with new lineup. I kind of had a feeling this would happen so I bought a left over Apex for $9,000. Looks like I made the right choice so I will hold out until they stick the Apex engine in something spectacular.

I feel the same. Sounds like a great deal.
What year and model of Apex, and what dealer ?

Bigblue1 said:
x2 on that Apex engine! 130hp is way to low in a mountain,you sould not have to buy a turbo to get it to run propertly in the mountains. 150-160-hp without turbo is what it should have! A Apex engine in this Viper ore another 3syl 150hp engine and it had been more useful without a turbo.

Grimm said:
Vote with your dollar...don't buy a Yamaha. Then Yamaha might do something, or just get out of the sledding business.

According to ISMA, they only have 5% of the market, so now they are losing the true die hard Yamaha enthusiasts and it will be difficult to entice buyers back.

Actually Arctic Cat's 17% marketshare is almost more troubling since the ProCross introduction has done little to improve share even with all their product investment. Figure in the fact that Arctic Cat has to rely quite heavily on the sled market to remain solvent it becomes a pretty scary business proposition. All of the companies have had up's and down's, but since 1995 Cat has really been on a downward trend.

When you see where Arctic Cat and Yamaha are in relation to the Big 2 it is easy to see why they have formed a partnership. BRP and Polaris literally have a monopoly on the snowmobile market.

Got to love Yamaha's videos...
I must say the new vipers look sweet..
Going to ride one this weekend if I like it I'm pulling the trigger...

yamajammer76 said:
Grimm said:
Vote with your dollar...don't buy a Yamaha. Then Yamaha might do something, or just get out of the sledding business.

According to ISMA, they only have 5% of the market, so now they are losing the true die hard Yamaha enthusiasts and it will be difficult to entice buyers back.

Actually Arctic Cat's 17% marketshare is almost more troubling since the ProCross introduction has done little to improve share even with all their product investment. Figure in the fact that Arctic Cat has to rely quite heavily on the sled market to remain solvent it becomes a pretty scary business proposition. All of the companies have had up's and down's, but since 1995 Cat has really been on a downward trend.

When you see where Arctic Cat and Yamaha are in relation to the Big 2 it is easy to see why they have formed a partnership. BRP and Polaris literally have a monopoly on the snowmobile market.
Are You serious? What is a scary business proposition? How's Yamaha done since 95? My God...

Fabio said:
Got to love Yamaha's videos...
I must say the new vipers look sweet..
Going to ride one this weekend if I like it I'm pulling the trigger...
X2... Man it looks sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo exciting.. I called my wife in to watch this vid.. We would "NOT" fair so good out there. We were born and raised flat landers. :-o I sure do respect anyone who can ride like that............ Nice lookin' sleds. MM. ;)!

Back