• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2016 ltx le /mpi 180 500 mile break in

Joe ltx-le

TY 4 Stroke God
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2017 sidewinder ltx-dx
Hit the trails finally this weekend. Groomers are out and the trails where great.

The ltx le suspension rocked! The clickers work well with soaking up beat up trail. Just eats moguls. We had one busy day and the trail got destroyed and I was loving the sled even after a 200+ mile day.
The turbo is exactly what this sled needs to become a trail rocket . The boost is so fast there is no lag! The sled pulls very hard to 100 mph, I only seen 105 but I think there's more there I didn't push it too much and I may need a slight weight adjustment. .

Gotta say I love this sled. Only complaint is right now it's a bit hard on gas. hopefully it will come around a bit.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    79.3 KB · Views: 105
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 124

Hit the trails finally this weekend. Groomers are out and the trails where great.

The ltx le suspension rocked! The clickers work well with soaking up beat up trail. Just eats moguls. We had one busy day and the trail got destroyed and I was loving the sled even after a 200+ mile day.
The turbo is exactly what this sled needs to become a trail rocket . The boost is so fast there is no lag! The sled pulls very hard to 100 mph, I only seen 105 but I think there's more there I didn't push it too much and I may need a slight weight adjustment. .

Gotta say I love this sled. Only complaint is right now it's a bit hard on gas. hopefully it will come around a bit.
Great review. Would nice to hear from others with the trail turbo.

That's kinda the reason I posted this.

With all the negativity around mpi recently I wanted to let people know my real world positive experience.

Yes, I just installed the trail kit. Then started reading all kinds of negative stuff on here. I put 200 miles on Sunday and it rocked. I have some clutching issues but once the lake is frozen, I will sort that out in a few hours.

So just to be clear here, you actually drove your new 2016 Viper with an MPI Trail kit and you lived to tell about it? Cmon man, that's just ridiculous. ;)

I also have a 16 MPI and I have almost 500 miles on mine with absolutely no issues at all. It pulls like a freight train and the turbo does not kick in until you give it more than half throttle and then it runs like a scalded cat. No funny noises, great AFR numbers always under 12 mostly 10.5 ish under throttle. My fastest run was on a long road with about a foot of fresh snow on it. I let off at 2/3 throttle lever with 3 on the boost gauge at 7200 or so RPM and the speedo read 156KPH. I got scared and quit because I am older and smarter now and I don't heal like I used to, but am sure there was a bunch more in it.

So just to be clear here, you actually drove your new 2016 Viper with an MPI Trail kit and you lived to tell about it? Cmon man, that's just ridiculous. ;)

I also have a 16 MPI and I have almost 500 miles on mine with absolutely no issues at all. It pulls like a freight train and the turbo does not kick in until you give it more than half throttle and then it runs like a scalded cat. No funny noises, great AFR numbers always under 12 mostly 10.5 ish under throttle. My fastest run was on a long road with about a foot of fresh snow on it. I let off at 2/3 throttle lever with 3 on the boost gauge at 7200 or so RPM and the speedo read 156KPH. I got scared and quit because I am older and smarter now and I don't heal like I used to, but am sure there was a bunch more in it.
Oo your not even using it haha. I got 8250 at wot. I'm hoping she'll make a bit more. I'm gonna get 120 mph I hope.

Yes, I just installed the trail kit. Then started reading all kinds of negative stuff on here. I put 200 miles on Sunday and it rocked. I have some clutching issues but once the lake is frozen, I will sort that out in a few hours.
Ulmer clutch kit?

Yes, Ulmer clutch kit. I had it before I put turbo on, so I just need to dial it in. The cam arms are 50g not 60g. Just needs a bit of tuning.

Yea cool! They sent me the setup sheet for the weights. It seems spot on other then maybe a little low revs on wot.

Yea cool! They sent me the setup sheet for the weights. It seems spot on other then maybe a little low revs on wot.
First time out for me this year, 2016 LTX DX. 200 good fun miles. MPI 180 kit, Ulmers clutching with a little problem. My kit came with both red springs and I have a harsh and high engagement, 44 hundred RPM. The top RPM was 8200 which I know will get better. Am wondering if the BOP spring with its low claimed engagement will be strong enough to get me to 87 or 88 hundred when broke in? I definitely need lower engagement. I think the red primary spring has way too high of rating at engagement. Does anyone know of a Yamaha spring that would work or is the BOP spring the hot setup?

I have exactly the same issue. I just ordered the BOP spring as $30 is less than a tank of fuel. What can I loose. Others have said they enjoy the much lower engagement.

Back